Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Been reading around and engine swapping for more power seems to be a fools errand, so I have some foolish questions lol! From everything I've read, supercharging the engine for more power seems to be the best option if you don't want to trade in/buy. My sxt unfortunately have 90k on it, so it would be a waste . Are there any v6 engines/trans that are like the mopar crate ones? Or would I be better off eBay hunting for a oem with lower miles on it? I'm looking to keep this sxt indefinitely since it's my first ever Challenger and had quiet a bit of sentimental value. I'm assuming I would have to change a bunch of wheel assembly/drive train parts as well as breaks obviously. What parts under the car would I need to be replacing to keep up with supercharger's power?

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,773 Posts
If it were me, I would put a super charger on the 90k engine and run it. That would be your least expensive option. If the engine is mechanically sound you should be fine. As for other parts that need changing the diff, trans and axles should be able to handle the extra power. If your CV joints start to crapout then start thinking about upgrading. Just my $0.02.

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
4,204 Posts
Been reading around and engine swapping for more power seems to be a fools errand, so I have some foolish questions lol! From everything I've read, supercharging the engine for more power seems to be the best option if you don't want to trade in/buy. My sxt unfortunately have 90k on it, so it would be a waste . Are there any v6 engines/trans that are like the mopar crate ones? Or would I be better off eBay hunting for a oem with lower miles on it? I'm looking to keep this sxt indefinitely since it's my first ever Challenger and had quiet a bit of sentimental value. I'm assuming I would have to change a bunch of wheel assembly/drive train parts as well as breaks obviously. What parts under the car would I need to be replacing to keep up with supercharger's power?
If the car has any sentimental value leave it stock and continue to enjoy it for what it is.

You can't expect me to believe that at 90K you just now realizing the thing is down on power?

Nope. What is happening is just the urge for a change more like it. So maybe the car doesn't have as much sentimental value as you think it does.

In this case trade the car for a newer car say a R/T. Your car has 305hp and 268 ft lbs of torque. The same year R/T has 370hp and a "whopping" 395 ft lbs of torque.

Or get a Scat Pack. 485hp and IIRC 470 ft lbs of torque. That ought to make you forget the SXT... The what you ask? I thought so. Trade in the SXT.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts