Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
588 Posts
:thumbsup: Sounds friggin awesome
Love nirvana

Reactions: DaltonR/Tclassic

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you!!!!!

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the positive feedback!!! I will talk to the fiancé to see if she will hold the camera so I can do a 0-60 run and some driving around.

Reactions: owend78

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Love the exhaust note. Engine bay, are you experiencing the hemi tick??
Yes, and it's a little bit louder with the stiffer springs and pushrods after the cam swap...with the SLP 1 you don't really hear it cuz the exhaust drowns out the ticking.

·
Registered
7,683 Posts
So that put's you at about 435 hp at the crank and still not even having to break 5800 rpm?...right in the running with the mighty LS3 and Coyote. That 5.7 has a mighty heart! :) One can only assume that the 392 cam is the cam that would naturally go into Dodge's RT, if there was no SRT8 engine, to go up against the SS and the GT from the other camps.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So that put's you at about 435 hp at the crank and still not even having to break 5800 rpm?...right in the running with the mighty LS3 and Coyote. That 5.7 has a mighty heart! :) One can only assume that the 392 cam is the cam that would naturally go into Dodge's RT, if the SRT8 engine, to go up against the SS and the GT from the other camps.
Yea around 435-440 at the crank! Thanks I love my little 5.7. On the dynos I've been on side to side with some 6.1s I put down around 20-25 more rwhp and alot more tq. I did the cam swap last Novmeber and the weather is finally warm here so the track times are next to see where I really stand. The only reasons I can think of why dodge didn't put the 392 cam in the 5.7 in the first place would be 1. That would make the 5.7 more powerful than the 6.1 and it to close to the 6.4 to justify the cost of the SRTs. And 2. With the 6.4 cam in a 5.7 you can't use 6.1 or 6.4 springs so dodge would have to spend money on R&D for new springs or out source expensive aftermarket springs.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts