Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone!

I just attempted my first aftermarket radio install last night. It went ok, but have run into a couple issue. Was wondering if anyone could help me out? Trying to figure out if it is a issue with the unit, or something I did during install.

I have a 2009 Dodge Challenger R/T and installed a Eonon AG 2180 android head unit (https://amzn.to/3atbA00 & Eonon GA2180 | 7 Inch IPS Double Din Car Navigation HD Full Touchscreen with Android 9.0 2GB RAM Quad Core Processor Split Screen Multitasking Universal Car GPS Stereo). I also used the PAC C2R-CHY4 Wiring Interface. I had a factory Uconnect touch screen gps with the slide out face for the cd player access.

The issues I have run into:

1. Pulling up the equalizer, and then going to balance, the balance settings seem to maybe be a software bug, but I wanted to check. I move the slider all the way to the front of the car, all the speakers turn off. I move the slider to the rear of the car, only the front ones play. I confirmed in the neutral position all the speakers are playing, so it seems the speakers just aren't balancing properly. I have checked all my speaker wire connections they are correct, but there was one grouping of about 5 cables that came out of the back of the factory radio that I did not have anything to connect it too (New photo by Clay Thrower group to the right of main wiring harness). I am assuming that is what the PAC took the place of, correct?

2. When driving down the road the radio volume and/or signal goes up and down, in and out. When I am parked or sitting stopped at a traffic light it sounds fine. The car never had great FM antenna reception, but it never did this before. I am wondering if I did not connect to the correct antenna wire. I connected to the blue one, which a quick search online seemed to indicate that color was for FM antennas. However there is a white and yellow one that is available to connect too, none are labeled (shown on the linked picture above). I think the others are for factory GPS and XM radio?

3. Once I had everything hooked up last night started the car, and backed it out of the garage, no problems. This morning when I went to drive to work, I got both the warning lights for the traction control and ESP (the first time it has gotten super cold this year, 28d F, so not sure if the weather had anything to do with it). The ESP button is on the panel I had to pull of to get to the radio, and I am wondering if something got knocked loose? No error codes are being pulled from the system, and hitting/holding the button does not do anything. When I drive home from work today, I will update if these lights go off, or are still on.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Edit: #3 The lights were off for the drive home and the drive back to work this morning. So i think that issue is resolved.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Edit: #1 I got a software update I need to apply from the manufacturer, will update if it fixes the issue.
#2 figured out that the FM antenna is the white one...dang it. Will switch it out tonight.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts