Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One simple question. I just got a 2011 SRT 392 IE. Does the ESP have 2 modes --turn off traction control and option of turning off stability control also? without a key trick or tune etc. Thanx

·
Registered
968 Posts
I don't know if it it discerns like that. I think mode 1 is a partial reduction, and mode 2 is totally off.

·
Registered
6,342 Posts
No tricks.. Step one puts it into a sport type mode where ESP is still on, but give you more
latitude of tail out, before it steps in. The second mode (OFF) can only be done in park and
by pressing and holding the button till the EVIC says ESP OFF. In this mode, you are on
your own :)

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That is what I needed to know . Thanks so much. traded a 2013 RT and just "getting to know "the 2011 392.

·
Premium Member
9,659 Posts
No tricks.. Step one puts it into a sport type mode where ESP is still on, but give you more
latitude of tail out, before it steps in. The second mode (OFF) can only be done in park and
by pressing and holding the button till the EVIC says ESP OFF. In this mode, you are on
your own :)
Brett,

I imagine based on your tire consumption you are well versed in the off setting?? lol
Sounds like fun but haven't tried turning it off yet.

·
Registered
6,342 Posts
YJ,

Honestly my ESP is on 90% of the time! Remember these cars have adaptive learning
in the drivetrain. The harder you drive, the more the transmission adapts to that style
of driving.. (I'm speaking of A5's of course). Even with the ESP on, my car has a tendency
to roast the tires at will... From a 10MPH roll I can lay into the throttle with the ESP full
on and roast them into second.

:)

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
YJ,

Honestly my ESP is on 90% of the time! Remember these cars have adaptive learning
in the drivetrain. The harder you drive, the more the transmission adapts to that style
of driving.. (I'm speaking of A5's of course). Even with the ESP on, my car has a tendency
to roast the tires at will... From a 10MPH roll I can lay into the throttle with the ESP full
on and roast them into second.

:)
I co-sign this. I have a standard trans and used to drive all the time with ESP fully off, until I did a little experiment with it on and the car behaved the same with it on. Gets side ways when standing on it from a slow roll and can roost the tires off the line.

·
Registered
6,342 Posts
WTF,

The Six Speed's ESP system doesn't stand a chance against the manual, you have much
more control over your launch RPM. But yeah, you can certainly overwhelm the ESP
system.

When my car was brand new it wouldn't.. It took a while and I even did the Pull fuse
trick numerous times as I was breaking her in, to reset the adaptives.

Now she's at the point where tires just don't last :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts