Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started my car and began to drive. Shifted into first gear and accelerated slowly. at about 15 mph my traction control light began to flicker on and off. i tried to shift into second gear and got to 17mph and felt a clunk / banging coming from the rear of the vehicle. I pulled around the park and put it in neutral applied to parking brake and turned the car off. as i turned the car off the ESP, ABS and Traction Control lights came on and stay illuminated.

are there any other members that have experienced this issue... or ones that can offer any place to start.

I just recently had tires plus replace all 4 tires is it possible that they might have hit a sensor that rendered it faulty.

Thank you,
-Steve-

·
Registered
268 Posts
Steve,

I have experienced this twice within the past two months both times trying to park, so braking, clutch in and shift to neutral. As the car comes to a stop the ESP-BAS & ABS come on. Didn’t notice any clunk or banging from the rear. Park and turn the car off, turn it on lights still lit. now I’m cursing. So I check for error codes & none. Decide to start it up again and drive, within a few seconds the lights turn off. Tried to replicate this a number of times and can’t. If it starts happing consistently and I can replicate it, I plan on bringing it in for service. Since purchasing the car in 2010 I’ve had the suspension upgraded in 2011, brake pads and lines replaced in 2013 and recently replaced my tires from the Goodyear RS-A to Eagle F1’s.

I’m lost myself as to why and thinking the same, that it is a sensor.

Hope we get some answers.

Thanks
AJ

·
Premium Member
2,015 Posts
I started my car and began to drive. Shifted into first gear and accelerated slowly. at about 15 mph my traction control light began to flicker on and off. i tried to shift into second gear and got to 17mph and felt a clunk / banging coming from the rear of the vehicle. I pulled around the park and put it in neutral applied to parking brake and turned the car off. as i turned the car off the ESP, ABS and Traction Control lights came on and stay illuminated.

are there any other members that have experienced this issue... or ones that can offer any place to start.

I just recently had tires plus replace all 4 tires is it possible that they might have hit a sensor that rendered it faulty.

Thank you,
-Steve-

I would check the rear wheel speed sensors especially if you just had the tires replaced.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts