Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was driving my R/T home from work to today, stopped at a light, and did a hillstart manuvere and continued on my way, a few seconds later i got a chime and my ESP and BAS light came on.

so i pulled over, shut the car off then back on. and the lights didnt come back on.

when i got home, i did the key trick to show the ODBII codes(if there are any) but nothing came up.

my low tire pressure has been on for a while. since its so cold out. but no check engine light or anything.

should i be worried?

just hit 3k and planning on taking her to the dealer for the first oil change this weekend.

Thanks guys! :scratchhead:

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
Sounds like it thought you were tring to do the key trick to disable the ESP. It will chime 1 time and ESP stay off untill you start the car again. If you have Track Pack holding the ESP button a second or 2 will do that too.

·
Registered
2009 R/T
1,371 Posts
Codes on odometer display are for powertrian only. This will not show codes for any other system, ie ABS, HVAC,etc. Fault was detected in system and was not there on the restart system check. A trip to the dealer is in order.

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
was driving my R/T home from work to today, stopped at a light, and did a hillstart manuvere and continued on my way, a few seconds later i got a chime and my ESP and BAS light came on.

so i pulled over, shut the car off then back on. and the lights didnt come back on.

when i got home, i did the key trick to show the ODBII codes(if there are any) but nothing came up.

my low tire pressure has been on for a while. since its so cold out. but no check engine light or anything.

should i be worried?

just hit 3k and planning on taking her to the dealer for the first oil change this weekend.

Thanks guys! :scratchhead:
What's the key trick to show the ODBII codes??

:confused:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you flick the key from acc to start 3 times, wihtout trying to start it... then the milage counter should display any ODBII codes. there is a conversion table somewhere.

i think it was in the manual.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
....I had the exact same issue one day while sitting in traffic. BAS/ESP illuminated along with the traction control symbol. Turned it off when I reached my destination and it never did it again. ....I have had a few gremlins with this car (8k miles on the odometer).

·
Registered
7,683 Posts
There's a lawyer in the black box now? :p

1 - 13 of 13 Posts