Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for the 1st time today in the rainy LA weather, i just wanted to test my traction control "with the esp off" to see if there was a electronic nanny that would step in if things got bad. just to give you insight tho.."i have also been able to drift the car in the dry and also have been able to do hard launches and standstill burnouts with the traction off with no interference ...

so today esp button was pushed off and the ground was super wet, i attempted to aggresively turn onto a street while applying full throttle and halfway thru the turn my esp light in the dash flashes and i can tell the car cut the fuel and applied the brakes. i was always had the understanding that the srt8 cars can fully turn off the traction control with just the push of the button. this is the 1st time this has happened???...:scratchhead:

am i missing something? thanks a lot in advance for any insight.

-jay

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
rescue mode.. you can turn it off but not by tapping the button.. try holding it in for 5 seconds or do the key trick

·
Registered
881 Posts
Yes, pressing the button turns it off. It will still come back on in an extreme situation.

Hold the button down until you hear an audible "ding" and the message ESP deactivated will appear in your dash display. Now the ESP is deactivated as opposed to just being turned off.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks a lot guys for the reply. i really appreciate all the knowledge on this forum. i have been a member of a lot of car boards, but by far this is the most helpful bunch of enthusiasts i have ever come across

-jason

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hold the button down until you hear an audible "ding" and the message ESP deactivated will appear in your dash display. Now the ESP is deactivated as opposed to just being turned off.
oh one more question, does doing the holding down sequence defeat the abs also?

·
Registered
528 Posts
In order to turn ESP fully off, you must be at a complete stop and hold down the ESP until you hear a chime.

No, there is no way to disable ABS, it's always active.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
if you do the key trick it is supposed to disable abs.. never tested it, but i do know you you can do 60 mph standing still

·
Registered
881 Posts
oh one more question, does doing the holding down sequence defeat the abs also?
No it does not defeat the abs - it does deactivate your hill start assist though. And yes you have to hold down the button while at a complete stop.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts