Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone loves a good burnout right? Well we've had our Yellow Jacket since June. When I first got it I could just turn TC off and it would do a burnout for as long as I wanted. I went to go do a doughnut and the car would shut it self down. Did some research and learned it was ESP shutting the car down. No big deal because I liked the fact that if you had TC off but ESP on and the burnout got a little sideways the car would help correct you.

Went to do a burnout on july 4th and just turned TC off. Car would spin to about 3k and then shut down. So I assumed the ESP thought I was in a slide already?

Next Day I hop in the car and turn ESP off and go do a burnout. It defiantly felt more out of control than when I did them with just TC off.

Anywho Just recently I turned ESP off to do a family reunion burnout and the car would spin to 3k and shut down again..... Is it possible the computer is wacked out and might need a factory reset?

To get ESP off dont you just hold down the TC button tell it chimes and reads esp off? Or do you need to turn TC off then ESP off?

I love the car but it would be nice to roast the tires when I want too.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Are you referring to ESC? That is electronic stability control.
Try track mode and hold the TC button till the chime sounds. Thats all you can do.
From what I know you cannot turn ESC completely off. It will reduce functionality in certain SRT modes but not turn completely off.
I have never had mine shut the car down. If it continues maybe a visit to the dealer is in order.

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
9,202 Posts
Are you holding the TC button until you hear the second chime? If you just push the button and get one chime it's only something like 50% off, if you hold it in until it chimes again (about 10 seconds) you turn it all the way off, or at least as close to all the way off that you are going to get.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Wow !
First Ive heard of the second chime.
I will definitely have to try this out and see the difference.
Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
48 Posts
OK I tried it today and nothing.
It turns traction off at chime then after 10 more seconds changes to street traction.
In other drive modes its locked in that mode and has to be disabled in the mode you started in.
I don't know why you would want it to do that but it does.
This on 2016 SRT Challenger.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,798 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
Are you holding the TC button until you hear the second chime? If you just push the button and get one chime it's only something like 50% off, if you hold it in until it chimes again (about 10 seconds) you turn it all the way off, or at least as close to all the way off that you are going to get.
Isn't the second "chime" only available when using the "TAZER"?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts