Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was wondering if you guys were familiar with this plan. It was explained to me that it would be 3 oil changes that you have 2 years to use that would use the full 7 quarts of oil that my car was called for and the filter. In addition you could use it at any Dodge dealership, helpful if traveling or moving place to place.

Upon further inspection the plan says $65 cap. Basically the plan will pay up to $65 for each oil/filter change and lube. Any dealer charges in excess of the amount allowed by the plan are your responsibility. Knowing that most oil changes are $100 something. I'm not sure how this is even a deal. You are paying $185 to get up to $195 in value. That's a $10 savings?

The service advisor made it sound like a good deal basically he calculated the price for me saying i'd pay about 60 an oil change with this plan. That's only if the dealership agrees to charge that amount. I'm assuming since the dealership sold that plan they wouldn't charge the full single oil change price of $100 something. So basically your stuck with the dealership even though it was made to sound like this same price you pay could be used to get oil changes at any Dodge dealership. Since i'm probably changing dealerships after fixing sunglasses holder that's been causing rattles I won't be able to really save anything with this plan. I'd rather just change my own oil. The only reason I got it was thinking while changing oil the dealership might find and warranty things they may notice at the time of the oil service. Somethings that I may not be experienced enough to notice before my extended warranty ends.

I think I was mislead or lied to. Should I try to cancel and get a refund? It says I could cancel at ANY dealership and the dealer will contact Dodge to request termination of the contract. I believe there is 60 days to cancel without any penalty in California. A full refund is available but since I used one claim it will be prorated. I think I may get $123.33 back. I paid $185 for 3 oil changes.

I think I got taken advantage of again at the same dealership, well it was on that same day...shame on myself. In the end I should have double checked and read the fine prints so I take ownership of that. I just feel that was a little misleading.. I attached copies of my plan removing personal info. Did I read it correctly?

I probably won't be back at that dealership i'm a bit worried about retaliation from asking for a reimbursement for services I had to pay for that should be covered by warranty from Dodge (FCA). Not sure if they would get in any trouble if they did somethings wrong or something

Text Font Document Line Paper
Text Document Font Paper Paper product
Text Font Document Paper Line

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
4,429 Posts
Service advisor made it out better than it proved to be. Tried to use it one time and the service advisor also misrepresented what it would save/cost me.

I'm canceling my 2 year service plan.

Don't spit in the wind. Don't step on Superman's cape. Don't mess with the Lone Ranger. Don't buy Dodge "service" plans.

·
Premium Member
10,522 Posts
Anything a dealer sells is to benefit their bank account and take from yours.
They never look to do anything to your vehicle that the warranty covers, it’s not how their system works.

·
Super Moderator
17,441 Posts
Most dealers that I've heard about are $85+ for full synthetic oil & filter for 7 qts - so that plan really wouldn't be of much benefit

·
Registered
2019 SXT Blacktop in Triple Nickel
471 Posts
I would definitely not go back to this dealer seeing all the problems you are having with them. But another dealer probably won't be much better. Find a local shop, there are so good quality and fair ones out there.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I would say it's YMMV with this plan. I purchased a 24-month, 4 oil change plan on Mopar's website. It has the same language as yours with the $65 cap, so I was worried I would have to pay more at the dealer. I got the 1st change done with the plan in July and the dealer didn't charge me anything, so it worked out for me. Assuming I can do the same for the next 3 changes, that's $61.25 per oil change. Can't beat that, but this will probably vary by dealer.

·
Registered
216 Posts
They sell a synthetic oil change deal. You bough one not for your car's needs. You have a Scat Pack right? Did they know that when they sold it to you? Just another example of a dealership trying to get over on a customer.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They sell a synthetic oil change deal. You bough one not for your car's needs. You have a Scat Pack right? Did they know that when they sold it to you? Just another example of a dealership trying to get over on a customer.
I brought this coupon since some people said they were able to use it with their car without extra charges with the right oil and filter. 7 quarts of Ultra synthetic Pennzoil oil and filter.

However they said my vin number didn't pull up that coupon. Instead it pulled up the plan referenced earlier on the first post. I confirmed with them and they said they would use whatever oil my car calls for, on my work order receipt it looks like they used:

4884899-AC (filter engine oil)
68171066-PC (oil)

Is that the right stuff?

·
Registered
216 Posts
I just looked at what you posted up top. The contract you showed is for essential care oil changes. Do you see the word synthetic anywhere, like in the coupon you show above? Two completely different packages. I have the synthetic package and they don't charge me a penny. Usually in and out in about 30 minutes. Like I have said before in other threads of yours :)

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
wow this dealership really has some shady practices. lying about amount of brake pad left, not honoring warranty, misleading oil packages...
Don't hear much good about LA dealers, aren't there any good ones out there?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
136 Posts
I bought the oil Change that was online with my Vin#
$245 for 4 7qts of Oil changes good for 2 years
Essential Care Ultra Synthetic.
Many say that the $100 Deal will work buttttt I am glad
I will not having to worry if the right oil is being put in for the next 2 years,and
$245 is still a dealllll.........................JT

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I spoke the advisor that sold me the plan. He said the $65 was like the standard internal rate for the oil change. Like a maximum set rate FCA allows and the rest is up to the dealership or something. Like the oil changes here are normally $120. He seems to imply that most dealerships would honor it since it's couple dollar difference. If they don't they don't want to deal with you or something.

Doesn't seem to make too much sense to me as he just said he normally charges $120. That's like about twice of the $65 cap for the plan. Considering cancelling the oil plan

·
Registered
383 Posts
I've always just used a Mopar coupon similar to what's posted in message #10 and it's never been tied to a VIN. Maybe it's tied to dealers or a regions because Mopar's website has you select a dealer. But I've tried a couple local dealers & got the same coupon.

Next time I plan on using the $100 for 3 oil changes. Even if the dealer charges me $10-$12 each for 2 extra quarts that's $33 + $24 = $60 +tax per oil change.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I've always just used a Mopar coupon similar to what's posted in message #10 and it's never been tied to a VIN. Maybe it's tied to dealers or a regions because Mopar's website has you select a dealer. But I've tried a couple local dealers & got the same coupon.

Next time I plan on using the $100 for 3 oil changes. Even if the dealer charges me $10-$12 each for 2 extra quarts that's $33 + $24 = $60 +tax per oil change.
i cropped out the dealer name and address, it was on the bottom of the coupon for their protection.

I got an email back from Dodge customer care in regards to a dealership reimbursement issue, not sure if that’s the same as Dodge care.

while replying back I asked about the coupon. I’ll find out if the coupon should have been accepted or if the dealership just wanted me to buy the more expensive package

1 - 20 of 32 Posts