Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
At dealer right now getting Hellcat oil/filter service done.

I handed over the plan paperwork and it is worthless, pretty much. I paid $190 for it -- which included an oil/filter service. This plan only covers $50 of an oil/filter service. So today I would have to pay around $80 for the service which nominal runs around $130.

So $190 plus $80 is $270. The cost of two oil changes is therefore $135 each.

Worthless. Worse than worthless. The plan has me paying more than I would have without the plan.

I'm going to write Dodge a letter and let it know this plan was misrepresented to me -- I was told essentially oil oil changes going forward would be nearly zero cost -- and as for a partial refund.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,580 Posts
Reactions: Slidd

·
Registered
2,597 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I purchased the plan on Thursday and was concerned when I read the fine print as it states, "The Plan will pay up to $65.00 for each oil/filter change and lube. Any dealer charges in excess of the amount allowed by the Plan are your responsibility." I thought I might end up having to pay more once I got to the dealer.

Well, I got my oil changed at my local dealer today, and thankfully, no additional charges for the oil change and multi-point inspection! They topped off my other fluids as well. They used part number 4884899BC for the filter and 68171066PC for the oil. After Googling these, it appears that they are perfectly fine for the 392. I asked about the SRT filter and was told it would be $20 extra. That's more than it would cost to buy it from Amazon, so I declined. Shows how much the dealers mark up their parts.

Overall though, I'm really pleased with how this turned out. $61.25 is cheaper than I could have done it myself, and I get that price for the next 3 oil changes. If you are looking for a cheap way to get your oil changes done, I would 100% recommend buying a plan through the link below.

·
Registered
986 Posts
I wouldn’t trust them unless I could stand over their shoulder and watch. The Ultra Syn will go home with the Tech and you’ll get bulk sludge oil in your car. I wouldn’t trust them to drain the cooler on a Hellcat and if they did I wouldn’t trust them to put everything back where it belongs. People think because it the dealership it’s all good. I’ve worked at a few new car dealerships. They suck.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts