Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted some feedback from folks who are actually using Evans waterless coolant. Other then cost, it seems a damn good thing for a long term owner.

What has your experience been?

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,866 Posts
The OAT coolant is good for up to 10 years / 150000 miles...what does Evans recommend for change interval? I only saw it is warrantied 2 years after purchase.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Evans is good for the lifetime of the engine. Ie you basically never have to replace it. Plus, if you've done it right and gotten the water totally out, your cooling system can't corrode.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have evans in my muscle car...69 Camaro RS/SS...im going to dump it....ya it was an expensive mistake in my case.

heres a few things evans wont tell you ...an evans tech might if you ask them direct questions....if it leaks for any reason...it stains hot aluminum...like say an intake manifold. it isn't water...its a chemical and as such it looks for ways out [ ways to leak ] ....the evans tech told me that......it has the ability to leak thru a gasket...so lets say a thermostat housing gasket if you don't have silicone on both sides of the gasket. [ that happened to me....only had silicone on one side ]
it absorbs moisture.....so if air can get into your system for any length of time....or say u dump your rad into a bucket for what ever reason... over time the evans will absorb moisture. if you get more than ...I believe its 3% water in your evans coolant it loses its cooling property's....it might as well be water. so you need to check your evans every year or two years to see how much moisture it has obsorbed, and evans doesn't have a cheap way to do this at the moment. you can send them a sample for them to check or you can buy a refractometer.
if your on a road trip and you say blow a rad hose...you can put water in it to solve your problem short term ...but then you have to figure out how to get your system back to under 3% water. you can carry a couple of jugs of evans with you of course....

it does have very good cooling features and it stops any aluminum parts ...like heads and intakes from corroding but.......IMO its a pain in the butt.

if you change your coolant every 2 years im pretty sure ...in our life time...were not going to have any corrosion issues with our cars. the 10 year, 150,000 ? mile coolant they have in the cars now I wouldn't trust corrosion wise for my motor for 10 years.....maybe after 5 and your warranty's up dump and add regular antfreeze and change it every 2 years.
my 2 cents.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts