Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had the UB4 recall done on my 15 Challenger SXT Plus, new evap canister. Now a couple weeks later I am getting 3 codes P0440 (General EVAP failure), P0456 (EVAP Small leak), P0457 (Loose fuel cap). I replaced my fuel cap, made sure it was seated correctly and ran through engine restart more than 6 times out running errands and it hasn't gone away. Anyone seen this before after that recall? Could the tech have screwed up the install? Anything else it could be?

·
Super Moderator
17,264 Posts
yes - there are various vapor lines between fuel tank / engine and the purge valve on the canister.

If the canister is defective or if the rubber coupling hose is split or a line kinked or cracked - these will throw codes.
-there's warranty on the work and the part the dealership replaced - they have to make it right

Reactions: MrF8Green

·
Registered
2 Posts
So I'm a little late getting this recall fixed but had the exact same issue. What was the end result of yours? Car will be at the dealership
For a few days and i'm worried they might not take responsibility for the issue.
Just had the UB4 recall done on my 15 Challenger SXT Plus, new evap canister. Now a couple weeks later I am getting 3 codes P0440 (General EVAP failure), P0456 (EVAP Small leak), P0457 (Loose fuel cap). I replaced my fuel cap, made sure it was seated correctly and ran through engine restart more than 6 times out running errands and it hasn't gone away. Anyone seen this before after that recall? Could the tech have screwed up the install? Anything else it could be?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It was a dealership issue. They forgot to install a grommet. Totally covered by them and they admitted it, that shocked me.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've just had the same issue. Took my 2015 Scat Pack in for the UB4 recall at 81K. within 1K Miles, I received the PO0456 code. Contacted the dealership to see if they'll stand by their work and correct it.

·
Premium Member
1,940 Posts
I've just had the same issue. Took my 2015 Scat Pack in for the UB4 recall at 81K. within 1K Miles, I received the PO0456 code. Contacted the dealership to see if they'll stand by their work and correct it.
Hi CG15SP,
If we can be of any additional assistance as you are working with your dealer, feel free to send us a private message. We'd be more than happy to help.

Rob
Dodge Cares

·
Registered
'16 A8 Scat Pack
10,929 Posts
Not liking to hear these issues with this recall.

I went to my dealer the week before last. They ordered the recall parts, but not in yet.

I really am not looking forward to a simple recall turning into a "code fest" afterwards.

Almost 6 years and 31k miles with zero codes thrown so far.

Boy, I'm really excited about this now.

·
Registered
2015 SRT, 6 Speed, Sublime Green
2,114 Posts
I couldn’t complete my registration if I hadn’t had the recall performed. Did so about 2 months ago with no issues……holding breath.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi CG15SP,
If we can be of any additional assistance as you are working with your dealer, feel free to send us a private message. We'd be more than happy to help.

Rob
Dodge Cares
PM Sent. thank you, I welcome the assist.

·
Premium Member
1,940 Posts
PM Sent. thank you, I welcome the assist.
Hi CG15SP,
We responded to your message, please take some time to review it and get back with us at your earliest convenience.

Rob
Dodge Cares

1 - 11 of 11 Posts