Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Although I've owned my 2010 RTC for 5 years, I just now ventured into the hidden EVIC display. (I know, what took so long ?!?)

I checked my top speed and it showed 0. Does this only track top speed attained WHILE in this display mode ?

The reason I ask is, I was driving to work in this display mode, was going 72MPH which was displayed as top speed ........... then I exited the screen ............. kicked it up to 80 mph ........... then went back to the EVIC display, which still showed 72 as top speed.

Is this how it works ?

·
Premium Member
2,606 Posts
Yes.

My 2016 has a zero to 60 time that will not change unless I'm in that mode. So I had no time stored until I went into that mode.

I hope this makes sense to you...

·
Registered
491 Posts
Well on my 2011 once I opened it its always on and always updating.

Long story but I got int the habit of resetting it alot.....saves some headaches.

·
Registered
2016 R/T Scat Pack
1,324 Posts
I don't recall seeing top speed in mine....

·
Registered
491 Posts
Its hidden you have to unlock it you can google search it here I forgot how to do it. its holding the up and down buttons on the screen that shows the temp.

·
Premium Member
4,036 Posts
To me it sounds like it is all jacked up, and you should trade it in for a 2018!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So ......... at least for a 2010 ............. its NOT your overall TOP speed ............... its the top speed ever reached WHILE SITTING ON THAT SCREEN.

OK, just wanted to be sure.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Why don't we post our top speed? Mine is 126, currently. Not on the highway. Awesome spots on my regular route. I mean AWESOME! So, I will strive to improve. Now let's see who wins..... I know it isn't me! lol. Let the games begin, let the games begin........ let the games begin.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,656 Posts
Reactions: Pauljw

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts