Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a problem with excessive window fogging? My 2010 SE seems to fog up very easily and is VERY slow to de-fog. Is this a known issue?

·
Premium Member
3,873 Posts
It is a chemical release fro mthe seats, there are other threads on this, it will get better :)

·
Super Moderator
16,216 Posts
I've noticed that on most rainy days and especially with really wet shoes (I have plastic floor mat protectors in mine), the windows are prone to fog up in these cars...

You'll need to run in the heat/floor position (12 o'clock) at the least or any position from heat to windshield defog (1, 2, 3 o'clock) to get the A/C compressor running part-time for defogging the glass.

If running in the dash/vent positions (9 - 11 o'clock) you'd need to switch the A/C compressor on manually to get the defog function going, otherwise you'll get lots of moisture fogging going on.

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
I am having the same issue with my 10 R/T. I am wondering if it has something to do with the 180 thermostat that I installed.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Make sure the ventilation sysyem is not on recirculate. It needs to be on fresh to keep the glass clear.

·
Registered
481 Posts
get a room!!!

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Try Rain-X anti-fog, that stuff works pretty good, use it in my old Camaro with no rear defrost.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts