Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

After many years away from Challenger talk I am back. I sold my 2010 RT a while back and just picked up a 2016 SRT 392...Wow has a lot changed... In a good way :)

I installed the basics first (cold air and catch can) and now its time for some exhaust work. I want to get that good old American Muscle roar and as much as the stock exhaust sounds nice, I need some more roar LOL.

my thoughts are a Flowmaster Super 10 muffler set and removing a set of resonators. The question I have for everyone is first which set of resonators do I want to remove? I DO NOT WANT cabin drone like I had in my 2010.

And do you think the Super 10 set is going to give that sound I want? I am still unsure after watching videos on youtube.

I was thinking either Flowmaster 44 or 40 mufflers instead? or I am open to any other suggestions. I do not want to do catback as I don't want to spend that much money on exhaust work.

THANK YOU in ADVANCE!

-Tyler

·
Registered
324 Posts
Remove the resonators at the rear. Add mufflers of your choice or a full catback system with no resonators.
The Dynomax max mini race bullets are pretty cool. I'm thinking of this route with my MagnaFlow axle back system.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I went with the Magnaflow axle back and left the stock mids on for now and sounds amazing. Recently added Kooks long tubes and a Whipple SC and now the car sounds angry. I hear about drone mostly from guys with the automatic and not the M6 as much. I don't have any drone at all but just my 2 cents.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,821 Posts
The Dynomax Mini bullets have one of the best sounds I have heard, even with stock resonators

A Guy

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
After listening to sound clips for the past hour or so...I think I am going to go Flowmaster super 10's with res delete. If its to loud I will have to play around with it.

Before I order does anyone know what the equivalent would be in magnaflow muffler selection?

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,821 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I ended up getting the resonators chopped in the mid. Kept the rear set on. And added the Super 10 muffler set.....the sound is PURRRRRRRFECT! The 392 gives the perfect amount of roar and throat noise, with very little cabin drone. On a cold morning (around 50 degrees...that’s cold for us out here in Arizona Lol!) it’s even louder and puts a bigger smirk on my face.

If you are in the Phoenix area and need exhaust work, Scottsdale Muffler off mckelips and the 101 is Great! This is the second challenger exhaust they did for me and they are fast, fair priced, and most importantly do QUALITY work! let them know Tyler with the Orange SRT Challenger sent you!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts