Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, new to the forum and looking for some exhaust advice, 2019 5.7 Challenger.
First, I am looking for some quad tips to add on my ride with keeping my reso's. I found these Dual 4.0" Quad Staggered Gloss Black Exhaust Tip for Dodge Challenger 08-16, on Amazon and read some of the reviews of a few people with 2018's use them as well. But am wondering if I will have to re-fit my reso's back a bit to make them fit without my tips sticking out too far.

Second, I know a lot of Scats and Hellcats do this but I don't hear a lot of 5.7s with Vibrant 1794's on them. I have searched for videos on them and like the sound better than the Dynomax mini bullets. I just want a bit better sound than stock, I am amazed at the stock sound but want a bit more growl without going crazy on sound.

Any advice is helpful. Thanks!

·
Registered
2015 RT Shaker (STP/A8/FORGED/NAPPA/NO SUNROOF)
438 Posts
@Cmhop2it Another option is Trackhawk black dual tips.
68306589AB
68306590AB

One of my favorite mods.

·
Registered
2018 Challenger R/T Plus - Billet Clearcoat
361 Posts
I don't think the reso's will be able to move back. I looked into doing that too.
I searched for weeks for tips that were short enough to work and found some flow master tips but I wanted black so i would of had to powder coat them.
I ended up getting the Trackhawks and spent a little more than I wanted but the powder coat would of made the flowmasters close to the same price.

As for the exhaust.....I like the way mine sounds stock with the active exhaust.

Reactions: GSBrockman

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@Cmhop2it Another option is Trackhawk black dual tips.
68306589AB
68306590AB

One of my favorite mods.
Thanks, I did find these and checked them out. I don't know if I want to spend that much on them right now. I may go to the local muffler shop and ask around about ideas.

·
Registered
2018 Challenger R/T Plus - Billet Clearcoat
361 Posts
Don't know where you looked for them but Go look at www.bamwholesaleparts.com

Cheapest I found them. Not as cheap as what your looking at but the reso's can't be moved back.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't think the reso's will be able to move back. I looked into doing that too.
I searched for weeks for tips that were short enough to work and found some flow master tips but I wanted black so i would of had to powder coat them.
I ended up getting the Trackhawks and spent a little more than I wanted but the powder coat would of made the flowmasters close to the same price.

As for the exhaust.....I like the way mine sounds stock with the active exhaust.
Thanks! I was able to find some chrome 8inch long tips that are dual ended and 3.5in outlet but they are chrome for 53$ a piece and I may just powdercoat them black...Yeah I want a bit more growl but not like muffler delete loud. I may just go to the muffler shop and get some ideas there before purchasing the vibrants or anything else.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Thanks! I was able to find some chrome 8inch long tips that are dual ended and 3.5in outlet but they are chrome for 53$ a piece and I may just powdercoat them black...Yeah I want a bit more growl but not like muffler delete loud. I may just go to the muffler shop and get some ideas there before purchasing the vibrants or anything else. View attachment 994295
If i were you do something wider like 8 3/4 so you get no big gaps on the rear valance

The shop can save off a inch off i you need a inch off the tip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If i were you do something wider like 8 3/4 so you get no big gaps on the rear valance

The shop can save off a inch off i you need a inch off the tip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks, yeah thats true too. I didn't see these, maybe I did but skipped over them. Those are nice.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update
I was able to get quad tips put on, which were chrome but scuffed them up pretty good, then painted them with 5 coats of Ultra High heat Rust-o-leum black paint which left a glossy finish. The shop was able to fit them on and weld them onto the reso's without them sticking out.

quadtips.jpg

And then this morning I got the Vibrant 1794's put on, and man they really woke up her up! The idle sounds better and she gives a good bark when you hit the gas and it sounds just a tad bit louder when cruising with no drone in non sportmode.
I left my reso's on which was a good point from everyone that had the vibrants or mini bullets put on. For 52$ each and 80$ install its a great upgrade to the car without breaking the bank.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts