Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
Found a sweet deal on an exhaust/CAI combo on ebay, it's a flowmaster force II (reusing stock tips) and a volant CAI woth powercore filter and intake tube that runs down near the grill. Any thoughts on this? I am looking the deep, smooth muscle car sound without the sharp fluttering and flapping that many people seem to like at WOT. I am not a fan of my car having that truck-like fartcan high pitch sharpness going on.

Any experience with the force II and maybe even anyone running the same combo?

Thanks!
Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
What is the year and model of your car? It makes a big difference.

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
The Force II is a good mild sounding exhaust with no drone. Most seem to be happy, however others want a more aggressive sound. In that case they check out the American Thunder, although those can drone.

Yeah as far as cold air intake, if you have an '08-'10 it's a good mod, otherwise if you have a 2011+ keep the stock air box and throw in a high flow air filter (AEM, AFE, etc).

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Force II is a good mild sounding exhaust with no drone. Most seem to be happy, however others want a more aggressive sound. In that case they check out the American Thunder, although those can drone.

Yeah as far as cold air intake, if you have an '08-'10 it's a good mod, otherwise if you have a 2011+ keep the stock air box and throw in a high flow air filter (AEM, AFE, etc).
Regarding the 11+ redundancy of a CAI...I had one of the very first 2011 Sxt+ released, and had the mopar intake installed, there was a noticeable difference in response and sound, so im not sure if I can agree with you wholeheartedly.

·
Premium Member
631 Posts
I have the volant CAI on a 2012 RT. I don't have the force II catback yet, but I am buying it as my next modification. I have seen all the videos and finally sure of my choice in catbacks. I also don't like the flutter or drone. I am 54 and the force II is loud enough for me. I may not put on headers, but have been thinking of installing hi-flow cats as well. We'll see.

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I ended up picking up an AFE stage 2 intake from ebay today. I am running a similar AFE model on my 2012 ram and I love it. Now, I have to figure out the exhaust. Pretty sure the force 2 is in the lead right now

1 - 7 of 7 Posts