Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems the automatic 5.7 rt has 21/4 "od exhaust and the 6 speeds has 21/2" od exhaust. Also it seems both the mufflers and resonators are straight through peices with the mufflers being round not oval, nut sure if that different or not and the 6 speed does have an H pipe, again not sure is automatics do or not. I think I will keep the stock system and just add long tube headers with high flow cats. I feel cat back is a pretty free flowing system and cats and manifolds being a bottle neck. Any thoughts. Also installing the 1 to 4 skip shift harness on.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,516 Posts
In 2017 the 5.7 exhaust pipe diameter was bumped up to 2.75 on both auto and manuals. The catback is plenty big for headers. You might want to also remove your clutch delay valve as it is a $0 mod and improves drivability.

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In 2017 the 5.7 exhaust pipe diameter was bumped up to 2.75 on both auto and manuals. The catback is plenty big for headers. You might want to also remove your clutch delay valve as it is a $0 mod and improves drivability.
Yes was going to do that as well. Thanks. I'm all for free upgrades

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts