Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a 2010 DY SRT8 a few weeks ago. First mod was to install the Mopar Exhaust (Corsa). While doing the install I managed to somehow reverse the 2 rubber muffler hangers that bolt up with the 13mm bolt that hold on the muffler/tip piece on one side. The result was one muffler tip was much lower than the other one. Upon inspection, I noticed that one of the rubber muffler hangers is a bit longer that the other. Although I now have both sides set up the same, my question is which hanger is supposed to be where, ie stock location? Should the slightly longer one be on the tip side and the shorter hanger be next to the axle pipe connection, or the other way around?

Oh and I love the sound of the exhaust.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Bought a 2010 DY SRT8 a few weeks ago. First mod was to install the Mopar Exhaust (Corsa). While doing the install I managed to somehow reverse the 2 rubber muffler hangers that bolt up with the 13mm bolt that hold on the muffler/tip piece on one side. The result was one muffler tip was much lower than the other one. Upon inspection, I noticed that one of the rubber muffler hangers is a bit longer that the other. Although I now have both sides set up the same, my question is which hanger is supposed to be where, ie stock location? Should the slightly longer one be on the tip side and the shorter hanger be next to the axle pipe connection, or the other way around?

Oh and I love the sound of the exhaust.

Thanks
Based on the picture as an example, I would say the longer exhaust hanger would go on the driver's side and the shorter one on the passenger's side. To me it looks like the longer one would make sense on the driver side to have enough clearance with the differential and the spare tire bin.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response, but I don't think I explained it properly.

On both the passenger and drivers side, each stock muffler has two of the rubber hangers. One of the rubber hangers is shorter and one is longer. The Mopar Exhaust (Corsa) re-uses the same hangers. One hanger attaches the muffler towards the exhaust tip and bolts to the underside of the car, and the other hanger attaches closer to where the axle pipe and muffler pipe connect. Both the passenger side and drivers side are set up the same.

If I put the shorter rubber hanger towards the axle pipe connection and the longer rubber hanger towards the tip, the whole tip sit lower in the rear bumper cutout. (This is how I have it set up now) If I put the short rubber hanger at the tip and the longer towards the axle pipe connection, the exhaust tip sits tight to the the top of the bumper cutout.

I currently have both the passenger and drivers exhaust tips sitting similar with respect to each other. I guess I would like to know if the stock exhaust tips sit really close to the bumper cutouts or if there is a large clearance. Then I would know which hanger goes where.

Hope that helps a bit

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
This is an interesting thread as it had me relook my exhaust. Ironically enough, I had two exhaust hangers not connected so I fixed them.

I did check the exhaust rubber hangers and they were all the same size on mine. Even so, they might have different ones and as far as clearance, the tips are between 1/4 - 1/2 in clearance all the way around the rear valance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the clearances. Side to side mine are good. I just have to measure to see what my verticle clearance is. Both tips sit the same and are centered, I just wanted to know if my tips sat too low compared to stock. Little details often bug me.

If you look at the rubber hangers, they are a bit different but don't look like it to the eye. When on the car, there is the top metal attachement that goes the rubber hanger and bolts to the underside of the car and has a tip that sits in an indentation so it doesn't turn. The muffler rod (piece welded to muffler) sits in the lower rubber hole. If you actually measure the distance between the two metal rods in each assembly while installed in the rubber hanger, you will see that the distance is slightly different between the front muffler hanger assembly and the rear muffler hanger assembly.:werd:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.