Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that a lot of people swap the Dynomax 24250 in for the mid mufflers but what about using them to replace the resonators as well?

I have seen the mids deleted and the 24250s replace the rear but that's a little too raspy for me.
I think that having a second pair for the mids would remove some of that rasp, even the smaller 24249 would help with that.

I plan on doing the mids to not long after my car arrives as I already have the mufflers sitting here.

I welcome all thoughts and input on this idea.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,846 Posts
I know that a lot of people swap the Dynomax 24250 in for the mid mufflers but what about using them to replace the resonators as well?

I have seen the mids deleted and the 24250s replace the rear but that's a little too raspy for me.
I think that having a second pair for the mids would remove some of that rasp, even the smaller 24249 would help with that.

I plan on doing the mids to not long after my car arrives as I already have the mufflers sitting here.

I just finished installing headers and my catback is corsa with mid muffler delete. With the stock manifolds the car was quite raspy but the stainless works headers seemed to mellow out the rasp a little. Here is a vid (audio only).

https://vimeo.com/249550740

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts

The difference between ****ing around and science is recording the data.

We just had a thread where someone replaced the mids with 24249s and removed the resonators, and someone replaced the resonators with 24250s and removed the mids.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The difference between ****ing around and science is recording the data.

We just had a thread where someone replaced the mids with 24249s and removed the resonators, and someone replaced the resonators with 24250s and removed the mids.
I have read those thread and watched the videos with high quality headphones.
Everyone is doing one or the other with the dynomax. The mid delete with replaced resonators is the closest to what I am asking about.
I think running 4 of them would give a nice deep sound without all the crackling and popping.

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
I have read those thread and watched the videos with high quality headphones.
Everyone is doing one or the other with the dynomax. The mid delete with replaced resonators is the closest to what I am asking about.
I think running 4 of them would give a nice deep sound without all the crackling and popping.
Yeah, so don't forget to record it if you try it!

For science!

:eek:rder:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts