Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently got underneath my car during an oil change and noticed that it looks like there's space opening up, where my cats connect to my factory SRT headers.

Could this possibly result in an exhaust leak and/or loss of power? Or is this normal/not an issue?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Recently got underneath my car during an oil change and noticed that it looks like there's space opening up, where my cats connect to my factory SRT headers. View attachment 1004980

View attachment 1004981

Could this possibly result in an exhaust leak and/or loss of power? Or is this normal/not an issue?
Looks normal ..I don't see any black suet or evidence of a leak , It has a bell type metal seal inside making good seal .

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
It's fine, Gearheadgregg is correct. You aren't looking at a sealing surface there. Just the mounting flanges. Please do not try to tighten the nuts or anything, as you will likely bend the flanges or crush the ball socket.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's fine, Gearheadgregg is correct. You aren't looking at a sealing surface there. Just the mounting flanges. Please do not try to tighten the nuts or anything, as you will likely bend the flanges or crush the ball socket.
Got it, appreciated

1 - 4 of 4 Posts