Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering removing the bottle mufflers and replacing them with something like Flowmaster 40s and leaving the rear resonators intact. Has anyone tried this? I am seeking a low rumble from my exhaust, nothing more.

Thanks!
~Ray

·
Registered
78 Posts
this is what I did to my R/T when I first got it. I cut the the bottle mufflers and resonators off. Then I put flowmaster super 44's where the resonators where and ran strait pipe from where the bottle mufflers were. It sounds great! I love it. The other day, when I took my car to the dealership to get an oil change, everybody heard it for the first time and they couldnt believe how it sounded. Everybody was staring at me as I was pulling into the dealership. The guy who sold the car to me a year ago asked me what kind of exhaust I had on it and he said he loved the sound!

·
Registered
86 Posts
this is what I did to my R/T when I first got it. I cut the the bottle mufflers and resonators off. Then I put flowmaster super 44's where the resonators where and ran strait pipe from where the bottle mufflers were. It sounds great! I love it. The other day, when I took my car to the dealership to get an oil change, everybody heard it for the first time and they couldnt believe how it sounded. Everybody was staring at me as I was pulling into the dealership. The guy who sold the car to me a year ago asked me what kind of exhaust I had on it and he said he loved the sound!
got a sound clip of this?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Keep in mind I am looking for a low rumble and was considering replacing the bottle mufflers with Flowmaster 40s and keeping the factory resonators. But I am open to options.

·
Premium Member
09 RT Challenger auto
3,467 Posts
I did the suitcase removal and did 44s in place under the car keep your x pipe its good for 10hp. I left on the resinators. WAS LIKE i DIDNT EVEN PUT 44S ON.. Removed the res. went st pipe and had too much drone., but got the sound. Had straight through glass packs installed in place of the st pipe/ at back. Ahhh just right.
Resinators Kill the sound.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I too was just looking for a nice low pitch rumble without rattling the windows in the neighborhood. I put on a Blastin' Bob's glass-pack resonator kit. Sounds great when you get on it on the highway too as you drop it in 4th to blow past somebody :). Just exactly what I was looking for! Only $250 installed too. They have sound clips of them on their website. Just depends on what sound you are looking for and how much you can/want to spend.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts