Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at Exhaust mods for my car. I know i have a v6 engine and i cant make it sound like a v8 but my goal is to make the car sound a bit deeper and louder. I also dont want to have a lot of drone in the car, so im not really into deleting my resonators.

I loved the Sound of the Borla S type but its currently out of my budget. I was thinking of getting the Different Trends Flow 2 or the flowmaster 40. In addition to the new muffler, i was debating is it worth to switch the Stock X-pipe of my car to an H pipe? (Im assuming that the stock GT comes with X pipes)

Do you guys have any recommendation on what i should get; once again the goal for me is to make the car sound deeper and louder without having high amounts of drone or a high pitch/Raspiness to it.

Also hope yall are safe out there!!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Before you consider the Flowmaster 40 series, look at this video. It helped me a lot in choosing one for my personal preference. Since you have the V6, you're probably going to end up with either the Super 40, Delta Flow 40, or Delta Flow 50:

Flowmaster Muffler Comparison

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,471 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk Chuck ;)

Solo Performance Exhaust

A Guy

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sadly brother the v6 is pretty limited. You can’t install headers on the 3.6. I had the flowmaster original 40s installed on mine with a straight pipe all the way to the back with 2.5 in. Pipes. Hardly any drone and sounds decent. I do not have a CAI installed yet but plan to do so soon. I would definitely recommend the 40s. The cherry bomb vortex is supposed to be a really good option too. I’ll drop a video once she is back from getting fixed.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,471 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
2 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk ;)

A Guy
Id love to hear your setup if you wouldn’t mind to post a video! I’m close to pulling the trigger on a K&N CAI to give the exhaust a little deeper sound. But I’ve also been interested in purchasing the solo performance exhaust.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,471 Posts
Really no good/easy way for me to get a video. I have some 0-60 runs up on youtube, crappy iPad videos from inside though. These were just after exhaust, but before AirAid CAI

A Guy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts