Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not to beat a dead horse here, but, after countless hours of reading posts and visiting websites, it seems like there are about 3 categories for exhaust mods (excluding anything in front of the cats) In order of general cost:

1. Reso delete
2. Axle-back or muffler mod
3. Cat-back system

Looking for the best 'bang' for the buck on an '09 R/T 6sp. Looking for old-school muscle car sound first, gains in hp would be nice, NO DRONE, and, ability to accommodate future mods (headers, hi-flow cats, etc.) without having to replace the whole thing.

If money grew on trees, I'd already have the Corsa cat-back installed, or one of the other top-end cat backs. Not convinced I would be happy with the reso delete since it seems like they have the drone problem. Stumbled across the SLP Loud Mouth II cat-back and it seems like a good choice at a very reasonable price (about $600). It's about half the price of the Corsa and comparable in price to an axle-back or muffler mod. Haven't heard if drone is a problem on this system?? 3" pipe seems like a plus since less restriction than 2.5" (granted, you'd have to carry it all the way through to benefit from it). Has madrel bends and an X-pipe, which seems like general consensus says is better.

What am I missing here? The low price tells me that I'm missing something or giving something up. Not trying to convince anyone that they have the wrong exhaust mod as it is personal preference. Just want some opinions on my line of reasoning here. And anyone's thoughts on their experience with this system would be helpful too.

·
Banned
2,271 Posts
If you want a bad a$$ sounding exhaust check out the solo straight pipes. You have to call Steve as it's not on there site then in the future if you up grade to headers and cats you can replace the x with a Mach muffler without replacing the whole exhaust. It's like the best of both worlds. Oh yeah and no drone

1 - 2 of 2 Posts