Dodge Challenger Forum banner

exhaust mods- which one?

532 11
hey, so this is going to be pretty specific as i live in germany so 99% of things are "verboten" and you need a special "allowance" on parts, costing thousands, to be able to have them on your car
i have a 2016 5.7, and i have the options of changing the following things, but not all as it would then not meet noise restrictions, at the following prices too

sport cats €1700
sport cats and exhaust €2800
long tube headers and sport cats, plus a stage 1 €5000
stage 1 software (for afterwards) €500
which should i go with?
im leaning towards the full exhause and leaving stock headers on, just because the price difference is so massive, but i wanna hear your guys' opinions
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
2016 RT B5 blue
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’d leave it stock for those prices..
yea thats not going to happen, my neighbours called the police several times because my "stock" car was too loud for them, so now im just annoyed at them and want it as loud as legally possible, but i may as well get the volume by doing the best mod for the car at the same time

· Registered
384 Posts
Thats a lotta loot for something louder...... Cats and exhaust aint gonna give u any hp but will surely sound better. Headers wont pick up much either on a NA.

I would just do a resonator delete and be done with it. Nothing there is worth doing imo for those prices.

· Registered
2016 RT A8 Blacktop
263 Posts
Simple delete will make the car not pass yearly inspection. Same in here. Need to replace with parts what also has EU TUV papers and even then most are not allowed (goes under illegal modification of intake or exhaust).
....or pay the inpection man 50eur 😁

· Registered
2016 RT B5 blue
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Simple delete will make the car not pass yearly inspection. Same in here. Need to replace with parts what also has EU TUV papers and even then most are not allowed (goes under illegal modification of intake or exhaust).
....or pay the inpection man 50eur 😁
exactly, resonator delete is totally illegal and lands a 150 euro fine and a point, which is why i made it (i thought) clear that i had to get something off that list

kinda knew people would just start suggesting other stuff which i already know is illegal, otherwise i would already have a borla atak installed

· Registered
2016 RT B5 blue
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Waste of money, but hell if you have plenty of it, what difference does it make?
im literally just asking if it's worth paying double for headers compared with an exhaust
i thought someone in the group could have told me the benefits/drawbacks of each one but ok

How about pay the right man for pass 😂
Works here if you know where to go. If not like 100% straight pipe then police will not stop you.
doesnt work here the police can stop you and force you to go to the nearest test station

· Premium Member
1,250 Posts
fabss41 the problem is, most of the members here are in the US and have no idea of your German laws. I lived in the UK and have driven there as well for a short time and have noticed that European laws are much stricter than US laws. GL on whatever you do but if you do install headers you will not notice any difference other than a little less torque than a factory set up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts