Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, I have a 2010 Challenger RT (auto). I had the dealership swap out the suit case mufflers with two of these. Magnaflow 11226 2.5" offset/offset. I didn't want them to take the resonoantor's off until I knew what I wanted to do.

So... next step... Do i just take the stock resonator off and put straight pipe since I already have the magnaflow mufflers on?

OR do i throw on glass packs where the stock resonators are now?

I know a lot of posts are out there about Blastin Bob's Glasspack Resonators and then I aslo see posts about other brand glass packs which are much more inexpensive.

Knowing what I have already done, What would you recommend I do next?

I don't have the money for the Blastin Bob Glasspack kit, but I will wait on doing anything if that is the way I should go.

If I can get same results by just buying the flowtech or Dynomax Glass packs, what length do I need to get? Part numbers and or links would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your help.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Man, i thought i'd have a couple replies by now lol... i'm curious to see what you guys have to say. I know a lot of you have gone through this process and done things differently. Hopefully this topic hasn't been talked about to death. I read through so many threads here already, but still couldn't figure out what was best for my situation so that is why i'm asking.

Thanks for your input

·
Registered
762 Posts
I would like to know who your dealer is. The dealership where I got my RT won't touch the exhaust. Their comment is "if I change exhausts etc I willl void the lifetime warranty. I did have a muffler shop install Corsa exhaust. But cannot find anyone to put on headers. The dealership won't even order Mopar headers for me.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
my dealer is Michigan Chrysler Jeep dealer | Roseville Chrysler Jeep. I am pretty sure since they did the work that as long as I send my car there for any issues, they will not give me a hard time about the warranty.

They were super nice. I used to have a 2006 Charger Daytona (Top Banana) and I sold it to the dealership to get the Challenger. They appraised it for near what I owed on it and that was with my winter wheel set. The winter wheel set was Black steel Police Charger wheels and Bridgestone winter tires. A couple days after the transaction, the sales manager called me and said there was some misunderstanding between my sales guy and the used car sales manager and the manager at the used car sales thought I was giving the charger with the original wheels and tires (which i no longer had cause i bought aftermarket HELO 838s and tires- which i kept for the challenger). I called them back and said that I am willinging to trade them my challenger wheels and tires for the following: my winter wheels and tires off the charger (which i am using right now for the challenger cause it is still snowy here in MI, exhaust mod - swap the suit case mufflers with the Magnaflow performance mufflers i picked up from Amazon, and then give me the diablo predator tuner. He checked with the used car sales manager and came back and said deal.
So that is how i got my mufflers done and ended up with the predator tuner.

...now as you may know, that mod alone was not enough to change the sound of the system because the stock resonators are keeping the sound quiet.

I just need to know... do i go straight pipe or do i go glass pack in place of the resonators?

I could get BB resonator delete kit for 106 or the Glass pack kit for 200... not sure what to get since i did the magnaflow swap.

Any recommendations?

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
kraylon,

I think it's going to come down to what your threshold of drone annoyance is. Everyone is different in that regard. I, personally, can deal with a moderate amount of drone but not to the point where my head is reverberating. On the other hand there are those who welcome a lot of drone and equate that with the sound of performance. Still others don't want any drone whatsoever. No one is right or wrong, it's just personal preferences.:thumbsup: It looks like you have a predator tuner so that should disable MDS so you won't have to deal with that sound, so thats a plus. :)
If interior resonance is not bothersome to you, you can try the straight pipe solution (the least expensive route). If you don't like it, you can always put glasspacks on later.
Like I said, answer the drone/resonance question, and that should help you decide which solution is best for you.:bigthumb:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts