Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
19 SPWB
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 19’ WBSP challenger .
I want to do a mid muffler delete and I’m curious as to what would be the better option. Race bullets to replace the mid mufflers or just straight pipe? Any videos anyone might have if these setups or if they have heard the 2 setups. What would be the route to go?
Im new to the moose family and want to learn as much as possible . Thank you.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Cold start and idle when cold quite a bit louder than stock. Warm idle is a bit louder than stock.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
921 Posts
I have been teasing myself about changing my exhaust for some time now, I have found YouTube sound clips to be inconclusive, the mix between my computers sound output and different recording set ups does my head in. Being able to hear the different exhaust mods in person I think would be the answer but in no way easy to organize (for me anyway). Also I mainly use my car for long trips so the low internal noise is a big thing.

·
Registered
19 SPWB
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cold start and idle when cold quite a bit louder than stock. Warm idle is a bit louder than stock.

i went ahead and ordered the mini bullets . My question is what size are these bullets? And what size is our exhaust on the scat pack?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Bullets are 3 inch diameter, stock pipes are 2.75 inch. Also the bullets are a few inches shorter than the stock mufflers so a little extra pipe will need to be used. Most exhaust shops should be able to do it pretty easily.

·
Registered
19 SPWB
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bullets are 3 inch diameter, stock pipes are 2.75 inch. Also the bullets are a few inches shorter than the stock mufflers so a little extra pipe will need to be used. Most exhaust shops should be able to do it pretty easily.

Thanks for the input!

Is there any way I can see a picture of your welded exhaust?

·
Registered
31 Posts
I didnt get a pic of mine, but I'm sure if you search the forum you can find some pics of them welded in. There are tons of posts on this subject in here.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Yup! Mid muffler delete and mini bullet is an amazing combo, guarantee you’ll fall in love with it.

1C8DCD3E-C816-47DD-8189-40F6F02B9FBA.jpeg

·
Registered
981 Posts
The shop I used just cut out the old muffler (I think it’s 9”) and cut off the additional pipe and Re-welded it back in to the existing pipe and the new muffler. Idle is about the same, somewhat louder. Cold start is a kick in the pants, it barks like crazy. Low RPMs when you begin to accelerate it sounds amazing in eco, sport or track. This is probably because you can really hear it with the windows down, it stands out. Cruising is a tad louder but you’re cruising so the valves are closed. Speed up and let off and you’ll hear a great burble and pop. Full throttle is a win, no video does it justice. You’ll love it, promise. Plus it cost me $150, you can’t beat that. No way any aftermarket exhaust sounds $1500+ better.

Reactions: SpeedShift

·
Registered
19 SPWB
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The shop I used just cut out the old muffler (I think it’s 9”) and cut off the additional pipe and Re-welded it back in to the existing pipe and the new muffler. Idle is about the same, somewhat louder. Cold start is a kick in the pants, it barks like crazy. Low RPMs when you begin to accelerate it sounds amazing in eco, sport or track. This is probably because you can really hear it with the windows down, it stands out. Cruising is a tad louder but you’re cruising so the valves are closed. Speed up and let off and you’ll hear a great burble and pop. Full throttle is a win, no video does it justice. You’ll love it, promise. Plus it cost me $150, you can’t beat that. No way any aftermarket exhaust sounds $1500+ better.
have you noticed any loss on the low end? Does it feel more responsive?
I say this because I used to have a camaro SS and when I removed the suitcase muffler have with j pipes I felt it quicker for some reason or maybe it was my mind playing tricks on me. I had to put the suitcase back on it and I felt it slower than with the j pipes.

·
Registered
981 Posts
have you noticed any loss on the low end? Does it feel more responsive?
I say this because I used to have a camaro SS and when I removed the suitcase muffler have with j pipes I felt it quicker for some reason or maybe it was my mind playing tricks on me. I had to put the suitcase back on it and I felt it slower than with the j pipes.
no not really, car largely feels the same!

·
Registered
981 Posts
Perfect! I’ll take that haha
Do you have any videos?
Youtube

yup, I actually just went and took this. I needed an excuse to go for a little drive because I don’t daily drive my car and I missed it! There’s another on there as well. They’re kinda long and largely boring but it shows you what the car sounds like while driving while IN the car.

I can never understand rear cameras, drive-by’s etc. unless you’re going to stand on a street corner and watch someone else drive your car what does that help? Lol

Just phone so not the best audio, but listen on good headphones.

·
Registered
981 Posts
These were all in track mode FYI. I had a cold start as well but I edited it and somehow YouTube only uploads the part of the video I deleted, I gave up on that video.

·
Registered
19 SPWB
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I did my mid muffler delete today. I didn’t end up using the race bullets since the exhaust shop convinced me not to as they said it’s the same thing and the pipe they used would last longer.
well back to the sound and holy shit. The start up was nice!! It sounds mean on WOT. I love the pops when you let off. Im
Happy with it!

·
Registered
981 Posts
I did my mid muffler delete today. I didn’t end up using the race bullets since the exhaust shop convinced me not to as they said it’s the same thing and the pipe they used would last longer.
well back to the sound and holy shit. The start up was nice!! It sounds mean on WOT. I love the pops when you let off. Im
Happy with it!
LOL no it’s not. The bullets give you a medium between stock and straight pipe, my car is MUCH louder with the bullets! But, that’s awesome! It’s a great exhaust on the car, it’s just neutered by regulations. This is why I don’t understand why anyone buys a $1,500 exhaust for a V8.

also, the pops make it worth it!!

·
Registered
19 SPWB
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Has anyone here had a resonator delete done on their 6.4 A8?
I wanted to get one done on mine but I wanted to know how much drone there is? Or how much louder it is.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Has anyone here had a resonator delete done on their 6.4 A8?
I wanted to get one done on mine but I wanted to know how much drone there is? Or how much louder it is.
Most do mid-muffler deletes (me included) and add Dynomax mini bullets in their place. Mine sounds perfect, with anything it could be louder but i think it sounds fantastic.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts