Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 SPWB
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

is a muffler delete and resonator delete with straight pipe just as loud as a car back? Like sound level would be similar? Just curious about this .
scat pack A8

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hello,

is a muffler delete and resonator delete with straight pipe just as loud as a car back? Like sound level would be similar? Just curious about this .
scat pack A8
Ummmmm...........probably obnoxiously loud as f____. Use a decent cat back exhaust system.

·
Registered
85 Posts
In my opinion I would just get rid if the resonator not the mufflers. The resonators are in the rear. You do not need a cat back just different mufflers if you want it louder. I had a 15' with longtube headers and pypes violator mufflers very loud and loved it. That was on a r/t. I now have a 18 r/t and trying to decide on what mufflers to get. Hope this helps

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
Hello,

scat pack A8
Don't ruin your car. No, it's way louder than a cat back and would sound like crap.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
so what would you put instead of the resonators?Like what kind of muffler
Leave the resonators (the ones in the back) and just delete the mufflers. That's what most do and it's plenty loud.

·
Registered
19 SPWB
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Leave the resonators (the ones in the back) and just delete the mufflers. That's what most do and it's plenty loud.

im just curious if there’s any muffler one can put instead of the resonators if they wanted it to be louder than just a mid delete

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
im just curious if there’s any muffler one can put instead of the resonators if they wanted it to be louder than just a mid delete
Many have done the Vibrant 1794 in place of the stock mufflers (resonators remain in place) and its a lot louder.

If you look at the rear resonators they're basically just straight thru but I guess the 1794s would be louder though don't remember anybody with the set up of no mufflers and the 1794s as resonators.

Reactions: A Guy

·
Registered
2011 R/T STP M6
66 Posts
Hello,

scat pack A8
I think the best case for you and being less costly is to keep the resonators in place and replace the stock mufflers with free flowing ones. The resonators aren't restrictive and don't do much for reducing the sound other than filtering out drone etc.

·
Registered
684 Posts
I think the best case for you and being less costly is to keep the resonators in place and replace the stock mufflers with free flowing ones. The resonators aren't restrictive and don't do much for reducing the sound other than filtering out drone etc.
The stock mufflers are straight through so you won't necessarily find one that's more free flowing. Also the stock mufflers aren't restrictive as well.

·
Registered
2011 R/T STP M6
66 Posts
The stock mufflers are straight through so you won't necessarily find one that's more free flowing. Also the stock mufflers aren't restrictive as well.
I probably should have worded that better. Speaking in terms of the volume of air, the stock mufflers are probably on par with some of the performance mufflers out there. But in terms of the quality and level of sound itself, aftermarket manufacturers that make "tuned" systems for specific applications do a much better job.

As far as I'm aware, the stock muffler on the Scat Pack has a single core but if you take something like the ATAK system, it's a multi-core muffler.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts