Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently traded my 09 RT automatic for a 2013 RT 6 speed because I couldnt take not having a stick anymore. My old car had a zoomers exhaust so I plan to get another one. My wife actually asked me to get it because she misses the sound of the old car. I noticed looking around a lot of people saying to put SRT manifolds and mid pipes on the RT. I am thinking about doing this and I had a few questions.

1. Will a Dodge dealer switch that out for me or do I need to find a third party mechanic? I just moved from Oregon to Ohio so I have no clue where to take my car anymore for work. On a side note if anyone knows a good mechanic/shop around Medina-Akron-Cleveland I would be greatful to anyone who could pass that info to me.

2. I am pretty sure the answer is yes but do I need to by the zoomers for the SRT to match the sizes on the pipes?

3. Does the car need to be tuned? I never tuned my old car because I didnt really understand it. I love cars and love to drive them but I suck at the mechanical side of it.

As always I appreciate any feedback and thanks to anyone who takes the time to respond.

Ryan

Oh and is there still a lady named Gina that does custom sewing on headrests and such around here?

1,931 Posts
I recently traded my 09 RT automatic for a 2013 RT 6 speed because I couldnt take not having a stick anymore. My old car had a zoomers exhaust so I plan to get another one. My wife actually asked me to get it because she misses the sound of the old car. I noticed looking around a lot of people saying to put SRT manifolds and mid pipes on the RT. I am thinking about doing this and I had a few questions.

1. Will a Dodge dealer switch that out for me or do I need to find a third party mechanic? I just moved from Oregon to Ohio so I have no clue where to take my car anymore for work. On a side note if anyone knows a good mechanic/shop around Medina-Akron-Cleveland I would be greatful to anyone who could pass that info to me.

Some dealers could handle the job but they may also void your warranty....I would take it to a competent muffler shop....

2. I am pretty sure the answer is yes but do I need to by the zoomers for the SRT to match the sizes on the pipes?

Maybe but hangers may be different....again a competent muffler shop could do the modifications. Not sure about the Zoomers SRT exhaust..

3. Does the car need to be tuned? I never tuned my old car because I didnt really understand it. I love cars and love to drive them but I suck at the mechanical side of it.

Tuning is not necessary but would get you the most HP from the mod....

As always I appreciate any feedback and thanks to anyone who takes the time to respond.

Ryan

Oh and is there still a lady named Gina that does custom sewing on headrests and such around here?

Hope the above helps....

·
Registered
53 Posts

Ryan

1... Well honestly when it comes to finding a mechanic in a new area... This site can potentially help but if not then I would use Yelp Reviews... Then after scouring Yelp I would go see the shop in person to determine if I'd let these strangers touch my baby...

2... Yes the SRT pipes are a different size than RT pipes... I installed Zoomers about two months ago & still enjoy the sound everyday... Pure ecstasy...

3... When it comes to tuning... I knew nothing about it before I bought my RT 4 months ago... I literally bought an Intune last week from Diablo & I can't even begin to explain the world of difference I feel while driving it now... I'm a total car newb & the Intune was very easy to update & install... Best Mod IMHO so far... Car will feel like a whole new animal afterwards...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
3... When it comes to tuning... I knew nothing about it before I bought my RT 4 months ago... I literally bought an Intune last week from Diablo & I can't even begin to explain the world of difference I feel while driving it now... I'm a total car newb & the Intune was very easy to update & install... Best Mod IMHO so far... Car will feel like a whole new animal afterwards...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
How do you change the settings on the tuner as you change mods? Are there people you can tell what you have and they make a tune and send it to you or something?

I really want to do it I just dont want to spend 400 bucks and then be too dumb to use it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts