Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I had my car built I was set on Kooks long tubes, High flow cats and Magnaflow 16510 street exhaust. Well it sounds absolutely wonderful! However, at about 1700+ RPMS life starts to get unbearable inside. A long drive and you want to run a screwdriver in your head. My question is, any body have a similar setup they experimented with? I am wondering maybe take out the resonators and use just the mufflers, or take out the mufflers and use just the resonators and put in J pipes??? Anybody?

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Take a serious look at Corsa's cat back exhaust systems. I finally broke down and had one installed on my 392 SRT a couple of months ago, and I'm hear to tell you, it sounds "healthy" at idle, is as quiet as can be in the cabin, that is, until you "open it up" i.e. run WOT. Then the system comes alive - big time.

The tone and inbuilt "noise cancelling" technology is nothing short of outstanding !!

Regards,

Gary aka "beamg5"

·
Registered
366 Posts
Maybe consider adding some sound deadening material to the trunk area of the car.
In other words,keep the sound outside the car.
Should be cheaper to try than a new system,especially if you like the way the one you have sounds.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts