Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone run the Magnaflow 16886 competition exhaust? I am considering changing out my Mopar-Corsa exhaust. It is a nice system but it is not as loud as I expected. It has a bit over 1000 miles on it so I am not sure how much more it will season or break in, what ever you wish to call it. I like the factory tips and how much adjustment they have, the Mopars are welded to the mufflers so any adjustment anywhere effects everything else. It is not impossible to deal with but it is difficult to adjust the system to center and level the exhaust tips. Thanks in advance for any opinions and suggestions.:notallthere:

·
Registered
64 Posts
If you want to hear it the Magnaflow comp series will do it. I have a R/t six speed with the comp series and it sounds great. Loud when getting on it and down shifting, but at cruise speed on the highway not much over stock six speed exhaust. Still has a nice rumble when cruising through town in lower gears. I've had my exhaust over a year and I'm still happy I did it. If you want to hear a close resemblance go to Speedysgarage.com. Speedy has the comp series on his car with videos. He's the one that sold me on Magnaflow

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info! I think I am going to do the Speedlogix/Zoomers system, after I sell my two systems.

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
Speedlogix/Zoomers on my auto 392, no drone and it's LOUD :)

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is the system I am considering. I have a Heartthrob, also loud but it does drone a bit. I am going to have to check out a Zoomers in person if it is too loud I will get a Corsa extreme instead.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I had the corsa exhaust on my 300c it was a great system as it had no drone and had a v-8 sound even in 4 cyl mode. It had decent sound and a nice rumble when getting on it. If running a MDS Hemi it is the way to go, again no drone. If you have a non MDS Hemi (AKA) manual tranny, then magnaflow is better for loudness with little to no drone at speed.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
At the moment I am waiting for a new set of front mufflers for my Heartthrob system. I am going to see how this works before I change the whole system again.

·
Registered
193 Posts
just get dynomax bullet mufflers and the will help with the drone.. total of 6 bullet mufflers should sound clean and pretty loud.. ADD SOME MAGNAFLOW HIGHFLOW CATS.
you will get the sould you want..

your pretty close to the zoomers exhaust sound wise,why spend 1000 bucks on exhaust. again

i have magnaflowhigh cats/ 3" magnaflows mufflers 4x9 smallest muffler magnaflow makes in a 3" and exhaust its pretty quiet at wot.. not to loud
if you want a louder exhaust dont get maganflows unless you have LTs not cats then i would go magnaflows

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The new Heartthrob mufflers have arrived and the snow as well. Hopefully the snow won't last and I will be able to change the mufflers and see how it works!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts