Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 Dodge Challenger R/T. Looking to get a Borla Exhaust, S-type. The stock exhaust is 2.25" I believe. My question is why is the Borla exhaust WITHOUT MDS, 2.5" and the Borla exhaust WITH MDS (which is what I have) 2.75"? I'm already concerned about HP and Torque loss. Any help would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
550 Posts
I have a 2015 R/T, in which, I upgraded to the Mopar Performance Exhaust, which I believe is very similar to the Borla Sport. The pipes as you said are 2.25" stock, replaced by 2.75". I have not noticed any degradation in performance at all, but I am not a track guy so I can't lay down 0-60, 1/4 mile, etc. data for you.

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
I have a 2015 RT plus , with Corsa Exhaust, no problem with any HP loss
If fit perfect, installed it with a buddy who has a lift , took hour and half

·
Registered
110 Posts
??? the larger pipe increases HP, A engine is a large air pump Air in Air out. That is why Borla use a larger pipe!!!!

·
Registered
101 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,798 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
??? the larger pipe increases HP, A engine is a large air pump Air in Air out. That is why Borla use a larger pipe!!!!
False

·
Registered
550 Posts
Are you happy with the Mopar exhaust? Did the dealership install it?
Yes, totally. No drone and plenty of pleasant rumble. I purchased the exhaust from an out of town Dodge dealer and had my Dodge shop do the install. It is all clamps and no welds. So if I wanted to drop the mids it should be fairly easy and then add them back in. I did get a little itch to go louder after watching ChallyTatum's video clip, but overall I am really pleased with the Mopar performance sound.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts