Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am looking to put a new Cat back system on my 15' Challenger RT. After hearing one in person, I'd like to put the SLP Loudmouth II (Model #D31030) on it. Trouble is, on their website, they only make a system for the 08'-14' model years... Now I heard this on a 15' RT exactly like mine. Will this one fit from the factory or would it need slight modification (ex. hanger location)? Does anyone know the difference in exhaust set ups between the 08'-14' RT's and the 15' RT?

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Cat backs are a waste of money. Have you done a mid muffler delete?

There are a great many, low cost ways to modify the sound on these cars. Very few are doing a full cat back.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cat backs are a waste of money. Have you done a mid muffler delete?

There are a great many, low cost ways to modify the sound on these cars. Very few are doing a full cat back.
No I have not. Should I try that first and see how I like it? Would the drone be pretty bad with that? I've never heard one in person with the resonator delete, only clips online and its hard to tell like that in my opinion.

·
Premium Member
2016 Scat Pack
882 Posts
No I have not. Should I try that first and see how I like it? Would the drone be pretty bad with that? I've never heard one in person with the resonator delete, only clips online and its hard to tell like that in my opinion.
The muffler makes the exhaust quiet. The resonator prevents the drone. The suggestion was that you should try deleting the mid muffler, not the resonator.
It's a lot cheaper to have a muffler shop remove the muffler and replace it with straight pipe than to replace the entire exhaust system. You could also just replace the muffler with a different one that would make the exhaust louder.

·
Registered
5,989 Posts
I have a question, probably best answered by a supplier. Does anyone make a Cat-Back system for a 2015 Challenger R/T A8 with no resonators AND no mufflers?
Thanks.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Solo Performance makes a system with an X pipe and J pipes. No muffler, no resonators. Love my Solo Mach X system.

·
Premium Member
831 Posts
thanks, maybe I'll look at getting that and blastin' bob's resonator delete and scrapping the J tubes.
Be prepared for drone if you remove the resonators.. If you do any highway driving the drone will deafen you between 1800-2100 rpms.. give or take a few. I recommend sticking with the J-pipes or resonator.

·
Registered
5,989 Posts
Be prepared for drone if you remove the resonators.. If you do any highway driving the drone will deafen you between 1800-2100 rpms.. give or take a few. I recommend sticking with the J-pipes or resonator.
Yeah I want it louder plus the shop that swapped the mufflers and deleted my resonators has the exhaust tips sticking out too far, I figure a complete cat back would make it right, and be simple to do in my garage, plus while I am at it make it louder, and with everything straight piped, no mufflers or resonators it should be cheap. I do not mind loud cars, in fact the louder the better. I had an old B body with a small block and a cam, I drove it around with open headers until the law finally handed me a fine for it, but hey it sounded great for a month and I got stopped in a neighboring town.

·
Premium Member
831 Posts
Yeah I want it louder plus the shop that swapped the mufflers and deleted my resonators has the exhaust tips sticking out too far, I figure a complete cat back would make it right, and be simple to do in my garage, plus while I am at it make it louder, and with everything straight piped, no mufflers or resonators it should be cheap. I do not mind loud cars, in fact the louder the better. I had an old B body with a small block and a cam, I drove it around with open headers until the law finally handed me a fine for it, but hey it sounded great for a month and I got stopped in a neighboring town.
Okay I get what you are going for now.. Sounds like the solo Mach X system that frazen3 listed is what you are looking for. Like you said a clean swap in your garage. Will be a nice looking system too. That one does have J-pipes so it would kill the drone, but I assume you want loud exhaust and not drone.

·
Registered
5,989 Posts
Okay I get what you are going for now.. Sounds like the solo Mach X system that frazen3 listed is what you are looking for. Like you said a clean swap in your garage. Will be a nice looking system too. That one does have J-pipes so it would kill the drone, but I assume you want loud exhaust and not drone.
Every Solo system I see has 1 muffler with 2 inlets and outlets, is this correct, hence the name "Solo"?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts