Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For all my fellow v6 people (others please save your trash talk) im looking for the best sound mod for my car. So far I have a reso delete and plan on removing mid mufflers and putting a flowmaster super 10 far back where the resos where. Opinions are welcome and no I realize it’s not going to sound like a v8 and I’m not trying to. This car is all show no go. Looking for deep and loud and don’t mind drone.

·
Registered
2015 SRT392 A8 in white pearl coat
1,352 Posts
"Save your trash talk?" Why, because you have a V6 engine? You won't hear any of that here, sir.

Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
2013 SRT8
980 Posts
"Save your trash talk?" Why, because you have a V6 engine? You won't hear any of that here, sir.

I appreciate it I just see hate all the time but the Air Force doesn’t pay the best to have a Hellcat yet.

Now that you bring up the AF there will be trash talking from an Army guy. Just kidding. LOL.... Sorry I don’t have any input regarding your exhaust question. Just wanted to poke at a fellow service member. You guys just gave me a ride back from somewhere last night. I love napping on the pallet while flying in a C-130.

Good luck and keep us posted on your decision and results. Oh yeah, had some of these showing off will waiting for my ride yesterday.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,996 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk AngryMango. Thanks for your service ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
120 Posts
Welcome aboard AngryMango. No trash talk here, I recently saw a video of a V-6 Challenger with I believe a Magnaflow system...one mean sounding Challenger. Thanks for your service. Keep us posted on your mods.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Check out this thread from a fellow forum member BT1024 who also has a V6. He hasn't posted much on the forum, but this post will help you with your question. He runs a Solo MACH-XV-V6-CH Catback Exhaust on his Challenger. Actually a sweet sounding engine. He provides a link to a video clip in the first post.

CLICKY HERE

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
Welcome to the forum, we have seating at the kids table for v6ers... just kidding, 300+ HP is nothing to sneeze at and your 0-60 times are better than I've been able to get with my 5.7 6M.

There is a lot of knowledge here on the forum and we take those V6's seriously.... :)

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Welcome to the forum, we have seating at the kids table for v6ers... just kidding, 300+ HP is nothing to sneeze at and your 0-60 times are better than I've been able to get with my 5.7 6M.

There is a lot of knowledge here on the forum and we take those V6's seriously.... :)
The SRT table wanted me to notify you that there's special seating for 5.7 owners as well. But then, while we were busy fighting over seating, I heard that the guys at the 6 cylinder table were having all the fun. One of the reasons was that they weren't stuck in jail like the rest of us fools.
:surprise:

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
The SRT table wanted me to notify you that there's special seating for 5.7 owners as well. But then, while we were busy fighting over seating, I heard that the guys at the 6 cylinder table were having all the fun. One of the reasons was that they weren't stuck in jail like the rest of us fools.
:surprise:

Heheh... I think we all have way too much fun with these cars. But the guys at the 6 cylinder table did say something about you SRT guys having over compensation issues, whatever that means??

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Heheh... I think we all have way too much fun with these cars. But the guys at the 6 cylinder table did say something about you SRT guys having over compensation issues, whatever that means??
I must have missed that conversation as I was waiting in line at the gas station...

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
I must have missed that conversation as I was waiting in line at the gas station...

:) I seem to be doing that a lot lately. The weather was great last week and I was averaging 150mi/day. When I bought this thing 16 mos. ago, it had 45K on the odometer and it just turned over 70K Friday.

Anywho, I hope the new guy gets the message that we might razz each other, but there ain't nothin' wrong with his V6 or anything in the Challenger line.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
I just retired from the AF in 2015, thank you for your service. I have been a member of this forum since I bought my R/T in 2013 and it has been wonderful. Welcome to the forum. V6 or V8 the Challenger is a great ride, and I have seen many SXT's in my area that look just as bad-ass as the V8 cars. Again, welcome.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
One of the amazing things about the Challenger. Every trim level looks hot. Most folks, especially the ladies, don't notice the minor differences that we gush over. Every year was a beautiful car from every angle.

I was thinking of one of the drawbacks of having the biggest brakes in town: I don't have the option of swapping out my wheels for the chrome ones of the Classic Challenger.

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
One of the amazing things about the Challenger. Every trim level looks hot. Most folks, especially the ladies, don't notice the minor differences that we gush over. Every year was a beautiful car from every angle.

I was thinking of one of the drawbacks of having the biggest brakes in town: I don't have the option of swapping out my wheels for the chrome ones of the Classic Challenger.

I must agree, these are just beautiful cars. And the brakes vs wheels, seems there's alway a compromise made in our choices. It's really nice to have the choices.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts