Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon everyone!

I want to apologize in advance if some of these questions have been asked before, I'm just trying to get that informative answer which helps me understand better.

Furthermore to the above, obviously all the inquiries is because i am planning to install a Flowmaster Series 44 muffler onto my 2012 Dodge Challenger (SXT).

My plan was or should i say my intentions are from the factory X'ish pipe to run a Y-pipe into a 2.25 center in / dual out also 2.25 to straight pipes to the tips without the stock reso's.

Now for the quiz part :p

1. Would running a X-pipe (which is already there) to a Y-pipe into the Center in / dual out, then with to the straight pipes still maintain the required compression?

2. Would this X to Y ultimately end up creating more compression than normally causing the engine to work harder?

3. Based on the above how is this going to affect the "Back Pressure" & "Exhaust Scavenging"

4. Not directly related to the above questions and more a curious one, but does removing the Reso's decrease your torque? and How? (From my knowledge arent the mere purpose of the Reso's to resonate out the sound and the drone to give you a more clean and quieter sound)

Thanks in advance to all that help and i really appreciate it. (Hugs) :D

·
Registered
82 Posts
kinda pullin' this out of my arse, but i would either go with a dual in dual out muffler if you're going to put it inplace of the x-pipe. or two mufflers just after the x pipe in place of where the stock one are.

I don't think dodge would have gone with the true dual exhuast on the car if a y-pipe didn't hinder performance, as i imagine it would be cheaper for them on their end to have done a y-pipe.

But like i said, pulling it out of my arse on this. hopefully someone will have some hard facts and knowledge.:grinbiginvert:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts