Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have a 2011 SE with true duals - and have a few questions about upgrading the exhaust.

1) If I delete the resonators and replace the mufflers with flowmasters would that be almost equal to a cat-back system? I want to keep it cheap..

2) My resonators are in the middle of the car, and the stock mufflers are at the very end/rear (attached to the tips) - where would the flowmasters sound best? Where the resonators are (middle) or where the original mufflers are? (rear end)

3) I am worried about drone, however it seems most people are ok with this setup (resonator delete) - if I left the resonators on with some flowmasters would I really notice a difference?

Thanks,
Richard

·
Registered
607 Posts
I just did this with my 2011 SE. I removed the resonators and put new Magnaflow mufflers in their place. Then removed the stock mufflers and ran fresh pipe from the Magnaflows to the stock tips. Cost me around $340 super cheap. And sounds sooooo much better about as close to V8 as I could. Yes there is drone around the low RPMs, but this is a muscle car. It is supposed to have drone and I like it, so its not a problem to me.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts