Dodge Challenger Forum banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
OP if i was in your shoes, i would go to an exhaust shop, have then chop the section of pipe with the actuators snd just rub regular piping in there.
This is the plan, new mufflers (baffled to retain back pressure) straight piped the rest of the way out. Not sure if I want to go to the rear bumper or turn down and slightly angled out the side just past the rear end.

It will have a CEL, but that’s a later issue. I just need to get my yard ornament back on the road. Hell of a way to break in a new engine if you ask me. I was worried about voiding my warranty but now I’m just going to build it the way I want and screw dodge and their overpriced BS

·
Registered
184 Posts
Unfortunately, I don't know of a way to disable the MIL light when the actuators are malfunctioning or unplugged. The PCM puts the actuators through a self-test upon startup, and if they don't react correctly a MIL code is generated. The only way around that is to install an AE simulator which allows the actuators to operate correctly even though they're physically disconnected from the exhaust flaps (the simulators lock the flaps in the open position). I got rid of the dreaded rattle on my 2018 just by swapping the actuators and snugging the bolts correctly (see my posts above in this thread). It's hard to believe Dodge is still having issues with this several years later.

·
Registered
15 Posts
The real issue here is if I replace the broken actuator and repair/replace the mount for the actuator I am simply setting myself up for round 2 of this ordeal because it’s still unprotected. At a minimum of 240.00 repair I’m not inclined to keep spending money on this. I always live by the fix it right the first time rule, so the proper fix is delete the issue as to assure it doesn’t re-appear. Seeing how the engineers at Dodge can’t then I will and scrap their design.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2019 scat pack with mini race bullets as mid's and have a bad rattle from right side exhaust. When I hit on the resonator it rattles inside. Do you still think it might be the actuators? I put my hand over it and hit the resonator and still rattles.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts