Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just want to add a little more sound to my quite R/T exhaust. What mufflers can I go with and get a little more noise outside, but keep the inside nice and quite, no drone?

I saw that folks are talking about Flow 40's with resonators. Again dont need too loud.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
I just want to add a little more sound to my quite R/T exhaust. What mufflers can I go with and get a little more noise outside, but keep the inside nice and quite, no drone?

I saw that folks are talking about Flow 40's with resonators. Again dont need too loud.

Thanks
That's what I'm gonna do when I get a few extra bucks. There's a guy on lkforums.com that did that and he seems to like it.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
The challengers have two mufflers and a cat in each pipe.

For more sound just cut out the suitcase or forward mufflers and weld in straight pipe. This can be done at any muffler shop for around $50.00 give or take.

The rear most closest to the tips are resonators.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I did "Blasting Bob's glass packs" resonator removal. Sounds good, $215.00 shipped.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
MOPAR cat-back. You won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I love the sound of the wife's car with the Mopar catback (Borla product) but it does have a little drone. It sounds much better IMO than the Corsa system I have but it has zero drone.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So nobody has just removed the stock mufflers and put on flows or maga flows? Any drone? I wasnt wanting to spend $1k on exhaust right now. But sometime you get what you pay for.

Again, I dont want loud, just a bit more.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
So nobody has just removed the stock mufflers and put on flows or maga flows? Any drone? I wasnt wanting to spend $1k on exhaust right now. But sometime you get what you pay for.

Again, I dont want loud, just a bit more.

Thanks
I had a Magnaflow catback system on my '05 Magnum and I didn't care for it much. To me, it sounded either like a school bus (diesel) or a high powered outboard boat motor.

·
Registered
183 Posts

Thanks
I went with the Flowmaster force II with resonators. It sounds great and only $604.00 for a full stainless system. Good luck.

·
Registered
251 Posts
before my Borla system came in, i removed the suitcase, added two 40 series flowmasters, and added two summit glasspacks in place of the rear resonators. it was perfect, but still just a little on the quiet side for me. When the borla(mopar bucks) system came in, i put it on with the intention of just trying it and putting my custom exhaust back on.

Well, i love the borla and just sold my factory modified exhaust. It was a good setup with little to no drone and much more agressive than that factory crap that comes on there.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hey 4x42 i took off my stock mufflers and put on magnaflows it sounds great, i also removed the resonators for extra sound but if you dont wanna be too loud with the exhaust i would just leave the resonators. But just to let you know the two magnaflows i put on with out resonators sound killer.

·
Registered
64 Posts
And i also spent less than 500 bucks on my exhaust, little bit of drone but the overall sound is awesome. i cant complain at all, kept the original tips and everything to make it look stock........go Magnaflow

·
Registered
64 Posts
Remember Flowmaster is good but its a sound that will always be loud, Magnaflow on the other hand sound nice and deep but when you step on it it screams really nice. I didnt want anything that sounded way to loud on my car either just allot better than stock cause i was tired of people asking if i had a six cylinder on my r/t haha

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
people asking if i had a six cylinder on my r/t haha[/QUOTE]

I know!

Thanks for the info. That helps.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Which Borla System is manufactured for Mopar?

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'll second the Flowmaster Force II system with the small rear resonaters. Much better sound than the stock exhaust that came on our 6-speed R/T and seems to give a definite performance & mileage improvement. Less than $700 installed.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Copied and pasted from my other post:

Cut out the front mufflers/suitcase and put in straight pipe. Then cut out the rear resonators and install 2 1/2 center core full flow mufflers.

Bad azz sound at idle, driving, and WOT.

Cost should be around $150-$200. at most muffler shops. Make sure they install 2 1/2" core straight through mufflers in place of the resonators. I've seen where they installed 2 1/2 ID mufflers to fit the pipe but the core was 1 1/2, those jackazzes.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Chekc out my recent post and vid for an idea, I'm VERY happy!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Remember Flowmaster is good but its a sound that will always be loud, Magnaflow on the other hand sound nice and deep but when you step on it it screams really nice. I didnt want anything that sounded way to loud on my car either just allot better than stock cause i was tired of people asking if i had a six cylinder on my r/t haha
The American Thunder system is pretty loud but the Force II with resonators is real mellow until you hit it and then it wakes right up.

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
Mopar exhaust

If you're changing the exhaust don't go for sound go for performance and sound. Kooks long tube headers, kooks high flow cats, Borla cat backs and a prediator tune with the MDS turned off. Your car will sound and perform like a muscle car. Very low 13's possible high 12's on a cool day.

Thanks

1 - 20 of 24 Posts