Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All

I have 2015 challenger V6, I had a resonator delete to have a bit heavy sound, but after the delete there was not much different but it sound like Honda with it exhaust done.

my question is what should is do to at least get a better sound.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Hello All

I have 2015 challenger V6, I had a resonator delete to have a bit heavy sound, but after the delete there was not much different but it sound like Honda with it exhaust done.

my question is what should is do to at least get a better sound.

Thanks
I probably would have did s muffler delete or aftermarket mufflers be i took out the resonators. I have a few guys around me with 5.7's & 6.4's & after they straight piped as well as just pulled the resonators out to me it sounds exactly like u said but im just going to say like a tuner car. There's like a tin sound & like a bad droning sound. Not my cup of tea but some like it. This is all IMO so...

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
10,366 Posts
Honestly, a V6 will never have the tone you’re trying for. Your car is just fine as it was. I put a magnaflow cat back system on my wrangler and it was disappointing. It wasn’t worth the money.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,715 Posts
IMHO, your best bet is a full cat back system. Resonator delete will net the worst sound. Mid muffler delete will make it louder. Straight pipes will make it louder and most drone.

If you still have the resonators, put them back on. If not, a full system will have them or J-Pipes. J-Pipes can also replace your resonators if you didn't keep the originals

I have the Solo Performance Exhaust, and I think it sounds great (for a V6 ;))

A Guy

Reactions: Loopy
1 - 4 of 4 Posts