Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I know that for earlier 2009-2014 challengers for the R/T had a 2.5 inches exhaust on the manual six speeds, and the autos had a 2.25.
I'm trying to do some exhaust modifications and I'm wondering what the best course of action would be.
Right now I have straight pipes with cat on a 2010 R/T automatic. Would it be better to get a custom X Pipe exhaust with new tubing going 2.75 all the way out? I'm going for performance here and I need to know what would work best.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Depending on your goals, mine were track mostly. If you go through the fastest bolt on rt thread you will see all the fastest ran 3 inch pipes. Also all the fastest were 09-10 cars. I had two 2.5 inch systems then I went to 3 inch straight pipe and those were my fastest times as well. This was with 1 3/4 inch long tubes, no cats, 3 inch back among a lot of other mods.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Depending on your goals, mine were track mostly. If you go through the fastest bolt on rt thread you will see all the fastest ran 3 inch pipes. Also all the fastest were 09-10 cars. I had two 2.5 inch systems then I went to 3 inch straight pipe and those were my fastest times as well. This was with 1 3/4 inch long tubes, no cats, 3 inch back among a lot of other mods.
Yeah the thing is that I'm not running a lot of mods right now, just a cold air intake, and deleted resonators and mufflers. I was wondering if I should get a new custom X pipe or if I should stay with stock to avoid using money.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts