Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really do apologize if I am beating a dead horse here. I am about to pull the trigger on buying some mods for my 2010 SRT8 6SPD and contemplating buying an exhaust as well. Problem is on the exhaust I hear that the change would be strictly for sound with little to no performance gain. If there is no performance gain then I would probably just do a resonator delete. If there is anyone out there that can tell me some certainty it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Joe

·
Registered
143 Posts
RWHP & Torque on Mods

Hi Joe,

Yes cat-back systems to ad HP and Torque plus throttle response.

Click Here for a Dyno Chart from Magnaflow they use 2 styles of Dynos to get the best average.

Click Here for sound file launch.

Here are some part# available for your Challenger.
Part# 16509 Street Series 3.0", X-pipe, new quad tips.
Part# 16510 Street Series 3.0", X-pipe, reuse OE tips.
Part# 16885 Comp Series 3.0", X-pipe, new quad tips. More aggressive tone.
Part# 16886 Comp Series 3.0", X-pipe, reuse OE tips.
More aggressive tone.

Airaid CAI,
Part#350-199.

Click Here
for Dyno chart.

K&N CAI,
Part# 63-1114

Dyno #'s 12-14 RWHP.

Diablo Tuner,

Part# U7135.
Dyno # 20-25 RWHP and 20-25 Torque.

Please feel free to call, email or PM me anytime with questions or for low pricing. I will send you a PM with pricing, to low to publish on open Forum.

Regards,
Don
JDP Motorsports
888-308-6007

·
Banned
664 Posts
So you would offer a 100% percent money back gaurantee if someone did a before and after dyno run when buying these parts if they did not see the rwhp increase you quote?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I really do apologize if I am beating a dead horse here. I am about to pull the trigger on buying some mods for my 2010 SRT8 6SPD and contemplating buying an exhaust as well. Problem is on the exhaust I hear that the change would be strictly for sound with little to no performance gain. If there is no performance gain then I would probably just do a resonator delete. If there is anyone out there that can tell me some certainty it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Joe
Hi Janrascals
I have a 2009 SRT8 Challenger and I installed Corsa Extreme catbacks (3 hrs re/re ).
After the install I contacked Corsa 's Technical staff to inquire about HP gains with the Extreme and they stated it is about 12-14 hp increase . I hope that this info is of some assistance to you .

·
Banned
7,566 Posts
I gained exactly 10rwhp and 11rwtq with my Magnaflow cat back. I did before and after testing on the dyno about 45 minutes apart. I never even unstrapped the car, I changed the exhaust with the car on the dyno.

However, 10HP gain is negligible. The sound, however, is awesome.

·
Registered
6 Posts
reasonator delete

has anyone done the reasonator delete on an oem system. wonderiing if spending 13-1500 smackers is really needed. is the sound alot better w/delete?
thanks for the input!!

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
try the delete option first before dumping a grand plus on a system. I have the MBRP system on my SRT 6spd and the gains were minimal, about 5-6hp. Sounds amazing but dont believe the hype.

Look into DMH low profile electric cutouts if you want muscle sound

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
There was also a member here that asked Corsa for their numbers on the Corsa Sport Exhaust system.

His reply from them was 15 Hp. and 18 tq. for the 6.1.

There's quiet a few members here that have no trouble calling out a company for making outrageous Hp claims (K&N comes to mind)

I don't remember ever seeing anyone calling BS here when it came to Corsa's numbers.

·
Registered
145 Posts
One thing to remember a "10 horse gain" (for round numbers) is probably considered "flywheel" HP. Assuming a 30% drive train loss (not sure what they are in the Challenger), that would put you at 7 HP to the ground where it's being measured on a chassis dyno. Every motor is different and conditions constantly change. I don't think anyone would "guarantee" a certain number 100%, as weather conditions (density altitude) will make HP numbers vary.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was definitely getting a tuner. I actually will be purchasing cai, tuner, catch can, 180 TSTAT, and a Throttle Body. Then I was also looking at getting an exhaust. My goal is to grab as much HP out of it shy of cam, headers, or porting the intake. I'll wait for the those big boys once I feel more comfortable possibly voiding my warranty... Mine is still 2 weeks new so taking it a little slower. If I can get a good 50-60+ HP out of it with out totally breaking the bank or warranty would be great. But I do realize that you have to pay to play.

·
Registered
143 Posts
So you would offer a 100% percent money back gaurantee if someone did a before and after dyno run when buying these parts if they did not see the rwhp increase you quote?
Hello,

Dyno numbers posted are from the Manufactures and as we all know these #'s are going to vary the Dyno being used, air density, hood up hood down, ambient temperature. There are many things that can change the #'s. I believe the best test in on the track. Will these mods create more RWHP and Torque yes they will just how much may vary.

To answer the questions on dyno HP it depends on if it is a floor dyno or engine stand dyno. All the Manufacturers I know use floor Dynos, so that would be RWHP not flywheel. Some like Magnaflow use 2 different style Dynos Dyno jet and Mustang to try and get a good average figure from high to low.

It is very simple a Engine is nothing more than a big air pump. So the faster you can get the air in, and the faster you can explode it and then get it out, the the more RWHP and Torque you can produce.

Most aftermarket products are designed to do just that.

Regards,
Don
JDP Motorsports
888-308-6007

·
Registered
127 Posts
A 12 Hp gain is a 2.3% increase! Not really a whole lot so don't expect much. I think the aftermarket exhausts make it sound faster, that's about it. A cold air intake may increase throttle response, maybe not really enough to notice.
An aftermarket exhaust will almost always have interior drone of some kind, except for Corsa. The Magnaflow's do have a nice sound. I did mine from the muffler back. An aftermarket exhaust will interfere with voice command for the blue-tooth connection. I know from experience with my JEEP SRT8 and my Challenger SRT8.
If you want horsepower, add a supercharger! Instant 100+ horsepower and may be cheaper and will be easier than head modifications, cam and headers and geting it to run right. My friend modified his engine and sold it after 6 months because it never ran right. I have been modifying cars for long time and I learned by some things the hard way.

·
Registered
134 Posts
If you're talking about a stock motor, then ya the exhaust will not add much. But it will be alot of difference if you build a motor or added heads+cam, you don't want the resonator to slow the flow of the exhaust (it actually increase the pressure drop so the flow will reduce).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Corsa Extreme Cat Back

with a corsa extreme system, do you have to get a tuner to keep from getting any engine codes?
will this system void warranys? Tryin to get the best exhaust for my new SRT8. Will a Ca make a big difference in air flow. heard the stock one works fine. are blastin bobs an after market system or just res delet oem? They sound great!!

Thanks for your help guys!!

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
The Mopar branded exhaust is the Corsa sport for the SRT's. They just won the bid to brand the GTX type exhaust tips and supply them to Dodge. Borla won the bid for the R/T's.

You can safely put in the exhaust without throwing any codes. Also you can add the CAI or drop in a K&N air cleaner without flashing the ECM. I've done it and no codes.

Seeing that Corsa is the builder and supplier for the Mopar SRT systems, I can't see, even with the extreme system, that there would be any issues. You might get some horror stories from friends or the odd service manager, but I wouldn't lose sleep over it.
If you want to be 100% sure, you could go with the Mopar ( knowing it's a Corsa anyway), and have the dealership install it. then there would be 0 issues.

The CAI looks pretty cool. Not sure it's $400 cool though? Some might disagree, I went with the K&N drop in filter. From everything I've read, the SRT airbox breathes pretty good. The real secret might be in putting in some "High flow" Cats along with the Air filter and exhaust mods.

This is where you might have to look at a tuner if you go that far. The best exhaust is relative to whatever your taste is. What might sound sweet to me, might sound like trash to you.
I can tell you that without a doubt, the best clip that's as true to the real sound of an exhaust video clip is the Corsa video with the black SRT that Corsa uses.

To me, i thought it might be a trick to make it sound better for sales. I was wrong! That's exactly how it sounds on my car. Had the wife take off with it so I could see. Sure enough, it's the same. I was grinning from ear to ear. You'll have to deceide on your own if that's what you'd like. Personal taste.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Previous owner of my SRT had the Mopar CAI and the Corsa exhaust put on it...and it does sound sweet!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
thanks alot for your input. I'll call my dealer to see if purchasing the corsa xtreme will be a warranty problem and install myself. I do think the corsa sounds awsome!! I did hear that the stock intake did flow well. The next upgrade , besides cat back, will be a Predator Tuner.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts