Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just gonna be blunt here and say I know nothing about exhaust systems and don't plan on putting it on myself. So here's the deal I have a 2010 Chally R/T automatic and I'm looking to put better exhaust on it. I don't wanna spend $1500 and up so nothing ridiculous. Anyone have any suggestions on brands with estimated prices for me? I'm looking for something that has a lower rumble than stock, but nothing that is going to be obnoxiously loud. Trust me I like the look of the muscle car and want it to sound like one but I don't want it to be annoying like a diesel truck. HP gain would be nice and maybe stainless pipes cause they would last longer right? Any help or suggestions would be awesome! I also don't really know what cat-back means... :(

I've done all of the mods on my car myself except the remote start, had to have the stealership do that. But when it comes to performance mods I don't have a clue... :scratchhead:

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
Not loud, less rumble? Go with the Corsa Sport. Yes it's costly, but appears to be what you're looking for. Another good exhaust that's more affordable is the Solo exhaust. Nothing has talked bad about them yet.

Best bet though is to go to your local subforum on this board and see if anyone locally has an exhaust you can hear, or buy. That's what I did and got a Borla exhaust almost new for $700. :smokin:

·
Registered
416 Posts
My suggestion is to do some YouTube searching for sounds. Just search for 2008-2010 challenger exhaust or whatever. You can search by brand name as well (zoomers, borla, mbrp, solo, corsa, etc.). Pick the sounds you like, then price them out.

A CHEAP route to take could be the Cherry Bomb exhaust systems... they're not stainless and will rust over time, but they're cheap and sound real good.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
I'm just gonna be blunt here and say I know nothing about exhaust systems and don't plan on putting it on myself. So here's the deal I have a 2010 Chally R/T automatic and I'm looking to put better exhaust on it. I don't wanna spend $1500 and up so nothing ridiculous. Anyone have any suggestions on brands with estimated prices for me? I'm looking for something that has a lower rumble than stock, but nothing that is going to be obnoxiously loud. Trust me I like the look of the muscle car and want it to sound like one but I don't want it to be annoying like a diesel truck. HP gain would be nice and maybe stainless pipes cause they would last longer right? Any help or suggestions would be awesome! I also don't really know what cat-back means... :(

I've done all of the mods on my car myself except the remote start, had to have the stealership do that. But when it comes to performance mods I don't have a clue... :scratchhead:
Since loudness, sound quality, and interior resonance are very subjective to each of us individually you should try and listen to different exhausts in person so that you know what YOU like. With that being said, once you find the exhaust system that you want to purchase don't rely on the website pricing thats listed by vendors. Contact several of them directly for best pricing. Some won't be any different, but some will be very different (in a good way):bigthumb:

·
Registered
531 Posts
When you say "lower rumble" I think you mean deeper rumble, not less rumble, right? My understanding of a cat-back is a full pipe system the attaches AFTER the catalytic converter (starts about 1/3 from the front of the car) which is why it does not alter emissions legality.

Zoomers ($1200 appx), Solo ($950 appx), Flowmaster ($200 - $550 appx), Cherry Bombs (cheapest). Add about $100 for install. Zoomers sound the best to me by far, but as others have said it is subjective...although I've NEVER heard anyone say they did not think they sound amazing whereas you will find some debate over most other brands -especially Corsa which are the most expensive. All are bolt on except Cherries which I believe involve some welding, but I could be wrong about the Cherries. Cherries are not a full cat-back which is why they are cheaper, and Flowmaster has that option too although sound varies.

You would need a full lift to do the install. I watched Frank at Zoomers install my system. It's all basic stuff, but there is a technique and finnesse to the whole thing that I would have been lacking. It also took him an hour...would have taken me four probably at least. Fit and finish was perfect.

There is no substitue for hearing systems in person if you can. Look on the forums for people in your area and meet up for coffee and a few revs. Most are willing to do it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
exhaust

I recomend A Pypes street pro system. i have this on my Se and it is just like you said more rumble and not to loud. i really love it! it also say's it gives you around 18 more Hp. The system is around $600 and I got mine installed for $125.00 Hope this helps

1 - 8 of 8 Posts