Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need advice on a Exhaust System upgrade to buy for my 2010 Challenger R/T 5.7 HEMI MDS VVT, Automatic.
I want it to Sound Very Bad ASS with Performance. :scratchhead:

·
Registered
63 Posts
RSI Hemi Exhaust Systems

Are you looking to keep the stock cats, change to a high flow cat, or eliminate them completely? Are you thinking full exhaust including headers, or just cat-back and maybe mid pipes?

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
I had the MBRP system on my '09 R/T with MDS. It had a nice deep muscle car roar at wide open throttle and a deep rumble at regular drive. It is the exhaust system used with the posted R/T time in my signature.

Need advice on a Exhaust System upgrade to buy for my 2010 Challenger R/T 5.7 HEMI MDS VVT, Automatic.

·
Registered
676 Posts
A couple personal recomendations:
Zoomers Cat-back exhaust
Corsa Extreme

I also highly recommend what we did as well if you don't mind a little drone (it honestly doesn't bother us, we have been on a couple 2-3 hour cruises with no complaints) I have a video of our stock exhaust then with our new exhaust, if you want to see it just let me know i would be happy to post it for you.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
My personal preference was to go with the CORSA Xtrteme on my 09 R/T Auto.It's a no drone system and is fairly quiet at normal speeds but screams when you get on it.

The MBRP has more of that traditional muscle car sound and they have just designed a new drone free system if your concerned about cabin drone.

·
Registered
247 Posts
the MBRP option should just be like the "supercharge it and get done" option when talking power lol. Might make the Corsa folks mad though :D

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
If performance is what you want I would leave the stock exhaust alone and add JBA shorty headers or some srt8 headers. You'll get a better bang for your buck. Here is a thread that address the above http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f37/another-exhaust-headers-question-thread-help-me-please-47224/

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Cut out the front mufflers/suitcase and put in straight pipe. Then cut out the rear resonators and install 2 1/2 center core full flow mufflers.

Bad azz sound at idle, driving, and WOT.

Cost should be around $150-$200. at most muffler shops. Make sure they install 2 1/2" core straight through mufflers in place of the resonators. I've seen where they installed 2 1/2 ID mufflers to fit the pipe but the core was 1 1/2, those jackazzes.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Cut out the front mufflers/suitcase and put in straight pipe. Then cut out the rear resonators and install 2 1/2 center core full flow mufflers.

Bad azz sound at idle, driving, and WOT.

Cost should be around $150-$200. at most muffler shops. Make sure they install 2 1/2" core straight through mufflers in place of the resonators. I've seen where they installed 2 1/2 ID mufflers to fit the pipe but the core was 1 1/2, those jackazzes.
I need to hear this setup!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I would like to hear this as well. Also, will it improve the HP in the same way as a mandrel bent tuned system? I've been planning on putting the Corsa Sport Cat-back system on mine, but $1,300 is a hefty price to pay!

·
Registered
291 Posts
HAVE TO GO WITH ZOOMERS!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts