Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to put a new exhaust system on my 2012 392 but not sure what system to get I was leaning towards flow master or magna flow. any thoughts on this which might sound better im looking for a deep type of growl from it.

·
Registered
373 Posts
buddy in my car clubs got 392 charger with long tubes, catless and alp loudmouth lm1 sounds insanely loud

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
I run Street Series Magaflows. Very pleased with them.

·
Premium Member
707 Posts
Natural Disaster Racing in Houston has Solo Performance on his 2014 SRT. I've been in the car and it sounds great, no drone as well.

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
I just got Solo Performance Mach X-3 catbacks on my 2012 392.

ABSOLUTELY LOVE the sound!

There is a bit of dull sound (drone?) between 1,800 and 2,300 RPMs, but it is not objectionable. The best part is it cruises quieter than stock at 75 MPH, and it sounds absolutely insane at WOT. The engine breathes more freely too --I already had a CAI installed, and revs more easily.

Solo's customer service and craftsmanship are both tops.

I highly recommend it.

·
Premium Member
10,036 Posts
Magnaflow Competition Series #16886.
Where are you from?

·
Registered
972 Posts
I deleted my reso's and replaced middle mufflers with thrush welded.... no drone and sounds good.

28$ per muffler online is hard to beat. total job under 300$

thrush welded is equivalent to original 40 series flowmasters 1/3 the price

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
Magnaflow Competition Series #16886.
Where are you from?
I didn't know you had the Competition Series!!!

Aren't those like illegal in 49 states? LOL

I listened to the clips somewhere, though. It sounded amazing!

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
New exhaust will be the first serious mod I do on my '14 srt8. Think I need to spend some time listening to youtube - then see what I can source here in New Zealand.

some terrific sounding setups there guys!!

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
Magnaflow competition series here. Have had it on for 2 years now and wouldn't trade it for any other system. Old school muscle car deep growl, very balanced, and screams like a mother at WOT. No drone with my 6 spd. Life time warranty too.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
368 Posts
This is on a 6.1, but I got some video comparison (same day same road) with Flow Master (originally on the car when I bought it), then the Corsa Xtreme exhaust.

2:07 is my favorite part. Unleash the hounds!! Scared a couple in the parking lot.

This is pre-Procharger (just seemed so slooow watching this video again) install.

FM = Super Drone!
Corsa = No Drone and super quiet inside while cruising

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
OK went with Zoomer Cat back Polished

Love my Zoomer Exhaust.. very old school bad ass sound..
Doug

Reactions: SRT8U

·
Registered
309 Posts
I have magna flows and love it! Everyone else seems to love it alao

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
52 Posts
I wish I had some sound clips but my wifes 6.1 charger sounds bad azz with just a reso delete and flowmaster 40s delta flows compared to my tame sounding 6.4 with reso delete and super 44s. Im looking at the zoomers hoping they will sound as good/better than her charger.

Does the 6.4 have more sound restriction (in the cats) than the 6.1?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts