Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2010 R/T and to my surprise there are four mufflers. I removed the two in the middle for more rumble. Has anyone else done this ?

·
Registered
85 Posts
I haven't looked under mine yet, but I assume two of them are actually resonators. Probably the ones in the rear.

How does it sound?

·
Registered
146 Posts
I just bought a 2010 R/T and to my surprise there are four mufflers. I removed the two in the middle for more rumble. Has anyone else done this ?
The middles are mufflers, the rears are resonators.

·
Premium Member
7,304 Posts
I just bought a 2010 R/T and to my surprise there are four mufflers. . .
Most cars these days use multiple mufflers (single exhaust; 2, or for dual exhaust; 4). It is the best way to quiet all the engine sounds for EPA compliance.

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Sounds like you have a 6 speed if there are 4 "mufflers". The 2 after the cats are mufflers and the ones in the rear are resonators. Remove either of them and you will get drone.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It sounds much better, not too loud but a nice rumble like american muscle should. Cost was $100 at the muffler shop.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No they just ran straight pipe through. It sounds very nice on the fwy, not too loud or annoying on a long trip. I only wish I had got the stick instead of the auto, I don't like the car shifting from 1st - 4th when your foot is not in it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts