Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
2011 R/T 6M Bright White, 590whp 490wtq, Whipple 10psi, 274 cam, 1 7/8 LT headers, 429 gears
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ended up going with the MBRP S7110304 exhaust and it's been a little bit of a disappointment. The system was supposed to be drone free, but it was far from it. I also assumed the muffler would have been an x-type like solo uses since there was no H or X-pipe in the configuration, however it was just a straight through design. The tubes are perforated which is supposed to act like an H-pipe but I'm a little skeptical of how well that works. So, I ended up adding an X-pipe, fortunately I was able to cut an existing one I had on hand to fit. I also extended the tuning pipes to get rid of the drone.

In the process of all that work I looked more closely at the tips and discovered the opening is barely 2inches. I tried to get MBRP to swap out for a pair they have with larger openings, but they wouldn't go for it. So, I ended up cutting up a stock exhaust I had laying around and put the stock tips on. Problem I had was there wasn't much material to work with to get a good hold on the exhaust. I decided to give Solo Performance a call to see if they could make the setup I had done by cutting up the stock exhaust. They were able to hook me up with a pair of pipes with the ID I needed for the exhaust and the stock tip ball joint.

Long story short, if you are setting up an exhaust system and like the stock tips or if you have already invested in the Mopar tips Solo can set you up.

Pics attached, one with the comparison for the MBRP vs. the stock tip diameter. I wonder if those tips created enough back pressure to lose HP & TQ.. I'm going to assume so. Probably would have hit an even 600HP and 500TQ on dyno day.

Plastic Furniture Metal
Light Window Circle Room Table

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
10,002 Posts
I tried a couple of the Max Flow mufflers from Jones Exhaust which have the straight thru design with perforated insides, and I was underwhelmed with the results as well.

I ended up replacing them with some Hooker Aerochambers and like their sound much better.

Reactions: McCloud
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.