Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Exhaust Tips - Fit ok ?

3K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  kirbs 
#1 ·
#2 ·
A 2.5" inlet is the correct size for the stock R/T exhaust.

#4 ·
Looks as if each of the tip openings (2) are 3.5" each (check in relation to 2.5" opening for exhaust pipe). The total width would be at least 7" not counting the small space between the openings. Get out your measuring tape, LOL.

#5 ·
If those are 7 1/2" long they are gonna stick out a ways....
The stock ones are probably only 4 or 5" long... if that.

#7 ·
If you are going to use those they have to be welded on, the originals have a collar clamp on them that you would have to cut the pipe off to make work.

#10 ·
Brock, this part number (82212379) is for a set of two exhaust tips, not just one tip. They are still a bit more than the Flowmasters (190 vs 119) but they are a direct bolt on fit with no welding or other modification required. Unless you are going to install the Flowmasters yourself, you'll probably end up paying the difference for installation anyway. Just something to think about.:thumbsup:

#11 ·
Here is a link to the thread I posted on when I got mine last week... (best price found is 182.10 shipped)
http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f5/i-e-392-quad-exhaust-tips-54439/#post781021

It shows what they look like installed... they do stick out further, the stock tips are an inch or so shorter.
Since i posted this I went to the dealer and parked right beside a 392 IE... they have the exact same tips.
However they do not stick out quite as far on the IE... they are tucked in about 3/8" closer to the car.
Everything looked identical, but they shortened something up somewhere on the exhaust...
Maybe they just cut off 3/8" at the resonator... it's hard to tell without a tape measure in hand.

#13 ·
#14 ·
Brock, i bought tips that are very similar to what your looking at with the flowmasters. The ones I bought are black powder coated stainless steel. they are also dual quad. I ended up cutting the exhaust pipe back a bit to accept the tips and then welded them on. I bought the tips from assured performance. If you really want that look I say go for it and make it happen. If your not comfortable with putting them on yourself find a good exhaust shop and show him how far you want the tips to stick out. Im sure a good exhaust guy could handle this with no trouble at all. Good luck with your exhaust and your challenger. Im still loving mine, Kirbs

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.