Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
4 months in and I get rear-ended. Son of a $%#@. You could hear me screaming 2 miles away. But thats for another thread.
Since they are replacing my entire Mopar cat-back exhaust system, I am interested in upgrading the tips to the Furious Fuscia SRT tips-part #05181592AA LEFT AND 05181593AA-RIGHT- see this thread-http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f36/furious-fushsia-exhaust-tips-44810/#post630783
They bolt right on to a stock exhaust on the SRT and R/T. My question is will I be causing back pressure problems or any other issues if I choke down the catback pipe right there to accomodate these tips?
The obvious answer right off is yes, dont choke the pipe down, but I am looking for some opinions from some of you guys who are very knowledgable when it comes to exhaust and flow. I cant see the reduction being more than 1/2" in diameter, parts manager at dealership didnt think it was an issue as long as I'm not running a cam or upgraded heads which I am not now nor will I ever. I am running a CAI kit. Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, you guys and this forum are great. Its awesome to be able to ask some advice and get it from knowledgeable and friendly people like yourselves and I sometimes feel a little guilty because my knowledge base does not allow me to offer up so much sound advice and is mostly MHO. It is a great pleasure to share the enthusiasm I have for this car with all the good folks on this board because I know you all have it too. :bigthumb: Thanks again for your help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts