Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m getting ready to install my Axle back MagnaFlow system part#19206. Can someone please clarify how to remove the tips off the valence? They mention 4 bolts on each side and I only see 2 10mm bolts with the hangers in the grommet. Once I cut each pipe as instructed in the directions, I just want to drop the resonator(s) with the tips together being they are welded to the resonators. I’m not reusing the tips so there’s no need to break the spot weld. I’ve read that the SXT’s have 4 bolts for the tips. Has anyone tried to remove the resonators with the tips attached? Your help is appreciated. TY!

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I actually went back into the garage to have another look. The only bolt is the clamp that’s got the spot weld from exhaust tip to resonator. The one that’s up onto the under body is the one holding the grommet which supports the tail pipe/resonator with a ground band looped onto the hanger attached to the resonator. Basically when I cut the pipes 4 to 5 inches from the actuator valves rearward it looks as if I just pull the pipe with resonator And tip out of the grommet. I don’t see any other screws or bolts holding that tip to th facia. I assume that’s why they tack welded the tip to the resonator and it’s in place by the hanger. I’ll know in the morning when I tackle it. Shouldn’t be too hard.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,611 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts