Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know what size the factory exhaust tips are. I am thinking about replacing the tips and aftermarket ones range from 2" to 3.5" inlet.

·
Premium Member
6,492 Posts

The 392s have 2.75" exhaust, I would be surprised if they had 2.5" tips but stranger things have happened!

·
Registered
798 Posts
Does anybody know what size the factory exhaust tips are. I am thinking about replacing the tips and aftermarket ones range from 2" to 3.5" inlet.
To my knowledge there are no aftermarket tips for the 2015 SRT 392. I have been talking with Solo about some quad round tips since April but still no go.

The one alternative I looked at is the axle back MagnaFlo 19206 but that's a lot of coin for just wanting tips and I am happy with the stock exhaust as is.

·
Premium Member
6,492 Posts
and 6 speed cars have different exhaust tube size than autos, at least in 2015
The OP has a 392, the 392 cars have 2.75" exhaust (Apparently with 3" tips) regardless of transmission. :)

·
Premium Member
6,492 Posts
To my knowledge there are no aftermarket tips for the 2015 SRT 392. I have been talking with Solo about some quad round tips since April but still no go.
I'd love to put their quad round tips on the stock exhaust. I loved how they looked on my '11 (Not to mention how the exhaust sounded, but I think the stock Scat Pack exhaust will be just fine with me). :)

·
Registered
798 Posts
I'd love to put their quad round tips on the stock exhaust. I loved how they looked on my '11 (Not to mention how the exhaust sounded, but I think the stock Scat Pack exhaust will be just fine with me). :)

Yep, I like the sound and no drone issues with the stock exhaust but not real fond of the stock tips. Hopefully someone will come up with a bolt on, no modification replacement soon!

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have also searched and searched and have come up with the only options being custom made or the Magnaflow 19206. It is alot of coin, but those round tips look good. I think the Mopar tips are around 400 for the pair so figure in new tips and a resonator delete and you are near the price of the 19206. Search "Magnaflow 19206 review" on here a member has it on his and it looks good along with a good review.

·
Registered
2015 392
500 Posts
I just got mine! Love em!

Now THAT's the look I have been seeking. I too felt it would be crazy to drop all that coin for an Magnaflow axle-back just for quads. Would love to know the manufacturer and part number if possible please.

·
Premium Member
6,492 Posts
I just got mine! Love em!

I love the look of those, but I would take it (back?) to the exhaust shop and have the pipes adjusted. They're not centered and it looks like the one on the driver's side is making contact with the fascia.

I definitely like these better than the factory tips and would love to swap them out. Reminds me of the Solo quad tips that I had on my R/T. :)

·
Registered
69 Posts
This is the resonator delete kit from Rolling Thunder.
The pics are before I made final adjustments. I put them on myself in my garage at home.

·
Premium Member
1,260 Posts
My car is one of the R&D cars for these. I got the first set and have offered feedback for future use.
They sound amazing!!!
I also have the Rolling Thunder res delete kit, but I put on the Mopar Quad's. I guess he is going to be offering the round tips now. :)

1 - 20 of 47 Posts